Annoyed with BitDefender

SAguy

Executive Member
Bit of a rant...

I have a BitDefender subscription for antivirus that was due for renewal now in Jan.

• During December I get a notice to say that my subscription is due for renewal, but because I have autorenewal on it will just be billed.
  • During Jan I start getting mails to say that I need to renew my subscription as it will be ending, renewal price is R699 (about half normal price.
  • I figured I'd pay that since it's possibly a promotion price, so I log on and process the payment
  • I get a mail a couple of days later saying that while I have autorenewal on, they see I've already paid - so will disable the autorenewal so I don't get double billed
  • Today I see I get billed for R1399, so my autorenewal was processed anyway even though I got a mail stating I wouldn't
  • Also... The autorenewal doesn't take into account any discounts, so if you use autorenewal you pay full price - but if you renew manually then you pay R699
So what annoys me is that if you're a long term user who uses auto renewal, you pay more... and they also tell you they won't double bill you and then they do.

Wonder how many people are paying more than they should because of this nonsense.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

SAguy

Executive Member
Are you a corporate user or are you paying for AV at home?
Paying for it as a home user

My wife is a consultant and uses her own laptop, company policy is that they must have AV on or allow the company to install their AV on her personal laptop.

saor

Honorary Master
Paying for it as a home user

My wife is a consultant and uses her own laptop, company policy is that they must have AV on or allow the company to install their AV on her personal laptop.
Eh. Was using free Avast! for the longest while and with my recent Win10 install I haven't bothered with an additional AV, other than the occasional manual Malwarebytes scan. They won't accept a free AV or windows defender as adequate?

SAguy

Executive Member
Eh. Was using free Avast! for the longest while and with my recent Win10 install I haven't bothered with an additional AV, other than the occasional manual Malwarebytes scan. They won't accept a free AV or windows defender as adequate?
I could check out a free alternative, I don't like windows defender (probably unwarranted but I still hate it)