Anyone using ProXPN VPN service?

donn_edwards

ProXPN has been advertising on Security Now and I decided to try it, but when I try to connect it gets to 15% and then stops.

Does anyone use ProXPN in South Africa? Are you an M-Web subscriber? I'm just wondering if access to their servers is being blocked. FWIW, I have a "premium" account

I can't use PPTP from work, so I am forced to use an OpenVPN solution. I used to use SwissVPN and it worked.

Any comments, experiences, recommendations, workarounds?

donn_edwards

Never mind, they are useless. Took over 24 hours to respond to a tech support question, and then gave me the same answer as the FAQ. I had already tried their suggestions, without any luck, and told them so.

Now I am using software called "Viscosity" to connect to SwissVPN. Works on both Mac and Windows and I'll report back after a few weeks of testing. SwissVPN costs CHF 8 per month, which includues the ability to open a few incoming ports.

Viscosity is a great OpenVPN client program that is simple to use and install. There are a number of VPN providers who use it or support its use. http://www.sparklabs.com/viscosity/

Tim the Techxpert

Expert Member
Hi Donn,
Glad you sorted yourself out. It is sad that this was the response you got though as your comments will be found by search engines for some time to come.
What was the reason though that you wanted to try them? Was it just the advert?

Regards

Tim

donn_edwards

I wanted to try them because I don't like the idea that my ISP can snoop on my activities, let alone GCHQ in the UK and the NSA in the US. The USA should now become the USSA - United Surveillance States of America