South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
How can you be a dual citizen of one country?
Could also be triple, considering adding Latvia for some EU citizenship goodness.
Looking at the admin involved in renewing my SA passport, seriously considering letting that **** lapse.
Indeed. Sitting with that issue now. We're in SA for 2 weeks in June, want to do it through the bank then (my wife's expires early next year, mine is the year after). I can't get into e-homeaffairs to make the booking because it sends an OTP to my SA number. I can't reregister. They don't respond to email.It's easier to renew your SA passport in SA than it is to try to do it through our useless embassies.
Indeed. Sitting with that issue now. We're in SA for 2 weeks in June, want to do it through the bank then (my wife's expires early next year, mine is the year after). I can't get into e-homeaffairs to make the booking because it sends an OTP to my SA number. I can't reregister. They don't respond to email.
DHA is a ****ing joke.
/edit my wife's not registered so hopefully we can register her, and then make an appointment that way,
That's fine. Her passport is the immediate problem, expiring in Feb. Mine has an extra year and also I have a British one so no real problem.Unfortunately the E-homeaffairs portal requires each adult to register their own separate account. Only minors under 16 can be helped through another adult's account. We just had to register a separate account for my 16-year old step-daughter in order for her to get her first ID card.
seems to be a grey area:Working in my Dutch citizenship. They do not allow dual, but then again I have no qualms about giving up my SA citizenship at all.
Not South African?!Could be a triple but can't really see any benefit to adding SA to the bunch.
PnSA?Not South African?!
this, its because you aren't a Cuban/Russian/Chinese citizen.DHA is a ****ing joke.
In case you haven't thought if it, couldn't you use a local's cellphone number for the OTP? Then change the listed local's cellphone later.Indeed. Sitting with that issue now. We're in SA for 2 weeks in June, want to do it through the bank then (my wife's expires early next year, mine is the year after). I can't get into e-homeaffairs to make the booking because it sends an OTP to my SA number. I can't reregister. They don't respond to email.
DHA is a ****ing joke.
/edit my wife's not registered so hopefully we can register her, and then make an appointment that way,