Armed robbers hijack Intercape bus

schumi

Honorary Master
MBOMBELA – The double-decker was travelling from Maputo to Johannesburg via Mbombela when it was hijacked by five armed suspects near Delmas on the N12.

Dina Maguire boarded the bus in Mbombela to travel to Johannesburg. She said she still fears for her life as she has been receiving strange phone calls since the incident.

Capt Peter Tebeila confirmed that the driver was distracted by a sedan which drove too close to his bus. “One of the occupants signalled to the driver to stop, waving a firearm at him. He stopped the bus and the thugs’ vehicle stopped in front of it.”

According to Tebeila, there were five men who spoke isiZulu. Two of them entered the lower deck and two the upper deck of the bus. He said they ordered the passengers to hand over their valuables, ranging from jewellery to laptops and cellphones, including the driver’s cellphone and watch.

Maguire was sitting right at the entrance to the bus by the driver and the one attacker grabbed her first. “He put a gun in my mouth and said, ‘If you don’t do what I say, I’m going to kill this white bitch’.”

She said as the attackers went through the rows of passengers, if they did not respond quickly enough regarding handing over their phones, laptops and cash, they would get a fist or a hit with the butt of a gun.

The men wore gloves and were carrying handguns, she added. “They went through every single part of the people’s hand luggage. The whole ordeal must have been about 45 minutes. I could see only one vehicle and I could see it was a white minibus taxi.”
More at: https://lowvelder.co.za/463847/armed-robbers-hijack-intercape-bus/

Glock26

Expert Member
Customers of mine had similar on the way from Harare to Jhb. Pulled over in Limpopo province, whole bus robbed. They know that people from Zims come here to buy groceries and supplies and have cash.
Scary thing is that he said that it is happening every single week from Zims...and they don't even report it anymore.
Because it is poor Zimbabweans and locals...no-one cares and nothing is being done about it.
Sad but true.

RedViking

Nord of the South
These busses are easy targets. I'm surprised we don't hear more of this. I guess the bus companies will need secondary security following the busses in easy targeted areas. If I had a bus company that is what I would have done.

Milano

Honorary Master
Intercape Media confirmed the incident. Its statement said that a case was opened at the Delmas Police Station and Intercape would give its full support to the investigating officers.

It confirmed that no one was hurt in the incident. “We can also confirm that we do not have insurance for such terrorist attacks.”
:ROFL::ROFL:

Craig

Honorary Master
“We can also confirm that we do not have insurance for such terrorist attacks.”
I hope they will be reimbursing the customers for what they have lost.

Sean008

Expert Member
Only when these robbers are stung with pieces of lead that penetrate thick skulls, will they start to learn. Till then, it’s living la vida loca nig/ I mean hombres

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
People from Mozambique are shite scared when coming to South Africa. I have said this before and got a temporary warning infarction from Mbwana. My only warning in all this years. I expect he will warn me again but I stand by what I said because I know it is a fact. Black South Africans have a reputation among the Mozambicans and Tanzanians visitors. Many smaller incidents of robbery never get reported to begin with. But all of them leave a mark.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Maguire was sitting right at the entrance to the bus by the driver and the one attacker grabbed her first. “He put a gun in my mouth and said, ‘If you don’t do what I say, I’m going to kill this white bitch’.”
Obviously racially motivated. Merry Xmas everyone..