Article: Boks an 'embarrassment'

hungrybeaver

Expert Member
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/TriNations/Boks-an-embarrassment-20110803

Boks an 'embarrassment'

Cape Town - Springbok assistant coach Dick Muir says he is ashamed of the way the Springboks performed on their recent tour of Australasia.

Click to BUY the Great moments in Currie Cup history DVD

He said the Springboks were an "embarrassment" after they first lost 39-20 to Australia in Sydney, and then 40-7 to New Zealand in Wellington.

Muir says the two Test matches were a wake-up call to the Boks, but also admits that they made the wrong choices.

"We expected more from the team. It was a risk to throw so many young and inexperience players in at the deep end," Muir told the Beeld newspaper.

He said it's never nice to be embarrassed in the way they were.

However, Muir has assured Bok fans not to get too despondent ahead of the Rugby World Cup.

"Expect big things from the team. It will be important to win the (Tri-Nations) games in South Africa," said Muir.
Shame not a happy looking Dick Muir in that picture. It's good to hear this from the horses mouth so-to-speak, rather than the media commentary. I'm sure the next game will be a better result.

I can't help but feel all the "they" in the article should be "we" though.

edit: dammit should've put this in the Tri-Nations thread. Can a mod move if possible?

Last edited:

Sysem

Expert Member
He should be disappointed in his coaching too. Yes we've lost 2 games, but its only 2 so far. Give them a break and support your team. Through thick and thin.

killadoob

Honorary Master
O please i was surprised we never got 60 past us. What an idiot, we send over our B team and then get upset because we got smashed

Tosser

Well at least the Lions have improved since ******** focused his attentions on stuffing up the bokkies instead.

bin3

My dear Mr. Dick & Co -- "The fish always stinks from the head downwards."