ASUS Laptop A6Rp-52BU

Dageraad

New Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Cape Town
Hi all

Does anyone have an opinion on Asus laptops? Especially the A6Rp-52BU. Its specs are:

ASUS® A6Rp Series A6Rp-52BU - Intel® Core 2™ Duo T5200 (1.66GHz), 1GB (512MB+512MB DDR2 667Mhz), DVD 8 X Super Multi Dual Writer 120GB HDD, 15.4" Color Shine Wide Screen,LAN,Modem,Wireless LAN (b/g), Bluetooth, ATI Radeon X200+ Up To 128MB,1.3 MP Built in Webcam3.5 Hours Run Down Time, ExpressCard slot, MS Windows Vista Business, 2 Year Global Warranty

I'm going to use it for a lot of voice recognition (Dragon) so I need a good processor and lots of memory. I'm concerned that the processor may not be fast enough or that VISTA will take up too much of the memory. Apparently the graphics card also shares the RAM...

Also what is ASUS' service like in this country?

anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks

Andrew
 
I don't really have an opinion on Asus notebooks in general, but I'm also looking at one of these. Did you get one yet?

Apparently there was a supply issue with these notebooks, and according to Rectron they need to have their bios's updated for Vista, but the new bios isn't available yet!?

Another thing that worries me a little is support for THESE specific ones (not Asus in general). It seems the model from Rectron is not the same as the one on the Asus website. The ones imported by Rectron are Core 2 duo whereas the Asus website lists it as Core Solo or Celeron. I asked Rectron about this and they said it's because Asus builds them according to Rectron's specs.

I'm not sure what to make of the whole issue...
 
Basically Rectron is doing a private import. So they will be the service center for these models, but since the warranty is international, you can take it directly to ASUS. I am not too sure about the service, since of the 20 or so ASUS notebook I have sold, not one has gone wrong. From what I have heard their service is pretty good.

I certainly can find fault with the product. It pretty much beats any Acer or HP senseless in build quality.

The one you asked about:
I sold 2 of them last month. IMHO, its the best midrange model notebook available. GO FOR IT!!!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X