Australia defends broadband network plans against OECD warning

grok

Honorary Master
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
26,344
Infraco's gonna be another dead duck .. or do you really think this state-owned enterprise is going to surprise us and be the exception to the rule? Not likely.
 

zamicro

Expert Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
3,823
I thought it was, with INFRACO?

No, infraco is just a long haul network. What the australians are doing is building a network that will reach 93% of their citizens directly. The other 7% will be server by high-speed wireless. Furthemore, the gov will not sell direct to the public, but ANY operator can make use of the network to sell to the public. Just think about it, if you are unhappy with one service provider, you can switch immediately (depending on contract) to another provider, as the physical medium into your premises does not belong to the provider.
 
Top