Automated bank statement download

IT_Steven

Morning

Does anyone know if there is a SA bank that offers a solution which allows one to automate the periodic download of a banking statement with all the relevant transaction data (date, amount, reference, etc).

WAslayer

Expert Member
You can automate yourself with curl and if your bank does not require two factor authentication..

Thor

Honorary Master
Nope.

Best they can do is drop intermediate OFX files (15min / 1 hour etc) + EOD file for reconciliation into an SFTP server for you.

(This costs money.)

mh348

Expert Member
An alternate solution would be to use something like UiPath or RoboTask to download the file from the OnlineBanking Site (create a separate Online Banking account with read only access).

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
FNB Mails it to me monthly, you can use the Gmail api to download the attachment.
https://developers.google.com/gmail/api/
(that's if you have Gmail).

I once used it way back when I was on crystal web to get my usage from the mail body and graph it in an excel sheet.

IT_Steven

Thanks for all the responses.

Nope.

Best they can do is drop intermediate OFX files (15min / 1 hour etc) + EOD file for reconciliation into an SFTP server for you.

(This costs money.)
This would pretty much meet all my needs. Any ideas as to the costs (ballpark) involved and which of the big banks provide this service?

Last edited:

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
Nope.

(This costs money.)
Id be surprise if anyone at "Business Banking" would have a clue what this is.....

Thor

Honorary Master
What is that?
Receipt-IT is designed to provide real-time electronic notifications of all financial transactions posted to your nominated receipting account. It allows you to immediately update your line-of-business system and take action. Expensive host to host integration API.