AVG AV 7.5 Free Edition

Nom Chompsky

High Tory
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
54,649
Reaction score
39,514
Location
Cape Town
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/lng/us/tpl/v5#avg-free

AVG Anti-Virus Free
Update of AVG 7.1 to 7.5

1. Run the AVG Free Edition 7.5 Setup program
2. Click "Next >" on the AVG "Welcome!" screen
3. Click "Accept" on the "License Agreement on Use of an AVG Free Edition" screen
4. Select "Repair installation" on the "Select Setup Type" screen and click "Next >"
5. Select "Restart the computer now" (pre-selected by the program automatically) and click "OK" on the "Installation Complete!" screen to restart your computer and complete the installation.

Click here for download (16MB)
 
is the anti-spyware free edition any good ?

Are you talking about Ewido? I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and it's more or less the same as Ad Aware or Spybot. The main reason I use it is because it's made by the same trusted name that developed AVG. :)

PS: Thanks for the info Dominic.
 
Only thing is Ewido real-time shield does not work after trial runs out, and then you have to manually scan pc.
 
yah.. darn I wish I had tried to fix defender when i had it installed. I tried to uninstall it and can never re-install now :(
 
I assume you're talking about Windows Defender? You should be glad that it's removed from your PC, that thing is a curse!
 
Ad-Watch from Ad-aware doesnt seem to like AVG Anti-Spyware - keeps moaning about registry mods - had to eventually kill it.
 
Ad-Watch from Ad-aware doesnt seem to like AVG Anti-Spyware

You shouldn't run more than one antivirus or antispyware program at the same time. They will conflict and provide less protection, not more. If I were you, I would remove Ad Aware and keep Ewido.
 
You shouldn't run more than one antivirus or antispyware program at the same time. They will conflict and provide less protection, not more. If I were you, I would remove Ad Aware and keep Ewido.

Thats only true of antiviruses. Since ad-aware isnt a active scanning thing, it cant conflict with anything, you can use ALL your anti-spyware stuff to scan your PC sequencially...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X