Axxess 626 accounts

blue-eye-boy

Expert Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
2,973
Reaction score
5
Hi, just saw this account on Axxess website. I currently have a shaped account, and a local only account, both 1 gig, and both prepaid because I dont use a gig per month.

So I saw this unshaped account, which is only available from 6pm to 6 am, and on weekends.

If I understand it all, this is a faster account than I now have? I'll keep the one I have just when I'm browsing during the day when the 626 account is off.

Just thought it's not bad, considering it is exectly the time I normally use internet, and it cost R55 / gig, and not R70 per gig like the one have now.

Here's a link to the account: http://www.axxess.co.za/adsl626.php
 
Last edited:
Hi,

DSL 626 Account - Axxess DSL's NEW AFTER HOURS unshaped account. Ideal for night Gamers and home users. There is no port shaping. You get full speed on all port for surfing, gaming, video streaming, radio streaming, IPTV, P2P and other specialised software, all with much reduced ping (delay) times.

Your experience on the Internet should be FASTER.Subject to Terms & Conditions. E&OE. Prices include VAT. ALL Axxess accounts are NOT charged pro-rata. You will pay for the full month on activation, even if the activation date is the last day of the month.

Need any more information or help then contact us on the following telephone number 0861 300 900. We are available 24 hours 7 days a week.
 
Hi,

DSL 626 Account - Axxess DSL's NEW AFTER HOURS unshaped account. Ideal for night Gamers and home users. There is no port shaping. You get full speed on all port for surfing, gaming, video streaming, radio streaming, IPTV, P2P and other specialised software, all with much reduced ping (delay) times.

Your experience on the Internet should be FASTER.Subject to Terms & Conditions. E&OE. Prices include VAT. ALL Axxess accounts are NOT charged pro-rata. You will pay for the full month on activation, even if the activation date is the last day of the month.

Need any more information or help then contact us on the following telephone number 0861 300 900. We are available 24 hours 7 days a week.
Saw that on your site, thanks.
What a rip!!
But doesnt this account work the same as the shaped one I already have? I pay R69 for a gig,then use it as I wish, it just wont carry over after a year, which of course will never happen.
 
Saw that on your site, thanks.
But doesnt this account work the same as the shaped one I already have? I pay R69 for a gig,then use it as I wish, it just wont carry over after a year, which of course will never happen.

You get 626 month-to-month and 626 prepaid accounts. I have a 626 prepaid account; whatever is not used is carried over to the next month.

I still prefer SAIX prepaid though, it seems to be more stable than the IS network (which is used for the Axxess 626 accounts) in general. Response times of sites loading are a little quicker; that's my experience anyway. But 626 is a good product nevertheless = cheap and no apparent shaping.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X