So, I cancelled Vodacom fibre ISP after their last price increase.
I decided to move to Axxess.
Tried ordering a transfer of line on their website. Got error that my service number (Openserve 'B') exist on their system and I should phone Axxess to submit my order. I am currently in Ireland, and will not be paying roaming prices to call SA.
I Whatsapp Axxess to explain issue. Had to submit screenshots as agent said issue sorted, but it was not. Then agent said I must submit new line order and email fibreorder@ and tell them it is a line transfer and not new line.
Submitted order and was charged immediately for fibre router 'delivery' cost.
I emailed fibreorder setting out what I want.
Was charged a few minutes later for pro rata fibre line cost.
Now that is where the sh@t hits the fan.
1) new line order was done with effective date of 1 April 2025
2) how is it possible to activate service when my fibre line is still with Vodacom
3) would be good to wait until router is delivered before charging for line (not applicable in my case as my activation date was set to 1 April on order, but for new customers it is relevant as you would not be able to use line whilst waiting on ordered router...)
Whatsapp again setting out above. Agent confirmed activation date on my order is 1 April and error on their side. Said I must mail fibreorder@ and explain again. Now, it blows my mind that Whatsapp agent cannot contact whoever is at the end of the email and just inform them instead of asking me to email.
Anyhow, sent email and got no resolution. I then sent the Whatsapp chat to mail address as they simply kept saying I was in the wrong and I needed to prove that my order was only to be effective 1 April and that I should have mailed them re transfer of line. I submitted my mail to them informing same.
Email agent was not able / willing to assist at all after that. I demanded contact to escalate. I sent escalation and simply got a 'we will look into it and let you know'.
Wasted about 2 hours on all of this.
Really disappointed in Axxess. If they cannot resolve on Monday I will just cancel this whole mess (probably will not get my cR800 taken by them in error back) and try some other more competent ISP.
Any suggestions of good ISPs??
I decided to move to Axxess.
Tried ordering a transfer of line on their website. Got error that my service number (Openserve 'B') exist on their system and I should phone Axxess to submit my order. I am currently in Ireland, and will not be paying roaming prices to call SA.
I Whatsapp Axxess to explain issue. Had to submit screenshots as agent said issue sorted, but it was not. Then agent said I must submit new line order and email fibreorder@ and tell them it is a line transfer and not new line.
Submitted order and was charged immediately for fibre router 'delivery' cost.
I emailed fibreorder setting out what I want.
Was charged a few minutes later for pro rata fibre line cost.
Now that is where the sh@t hits the fan.
1) new line order was done with effective date of 1 April 2025
2) how is it possible to activate service when my fibre line is still with Vodacom
3) would be good to wait until router is delivered before charging for line (not applicable in my case as my activation date was set to 1 April on order, but for new customers it is relevant as you would not be able to use line whilst waiting on ordered router...)
Whatsapp again setting out above. Agent confirmed activation date on my order is 1 April and error on their side. Said I must mail fibreorder@ and explain again. Now, it blows my mind that Whatsapp agent cannot contact whoever is at the end of the email and just inform them instead of asking me to email.
Anyhow, sent email and got no resolution. I then sent the Whatsapp chat to mail address as they simply kept saying I was in the wrong and I needed to prove that my order was only to be effective 1 April and that I should have mailed them re transfer of line. I submitted my mail to them informing same.
Email agent was not able / willing to assist at all after that. I demanded contact to escalate. I sent escalation and simply got a 'we will look into it and let you know'.
Wasted about 2 hours on all of this.
Really disappointed in Axxess. If they cannot resolve on Monday I will just cancel this whole mess (probably will not get my cR800 taken by them in error back) and try some other more competent ISP.
Any suggestions of good ISPs??