Axxess MTN Fixed LTE.

Skypack

Anyone signed up for this?
For 10 days now no connection apart from 1 hour then it went.
All router ( ZTE 286 C ) does is switch on and off every couple of minutes with only green arrows i.e. 3G only and even that does not connect.
Absolutely abysmal replies from Axxess...no help whatsoever. My neighbours Afrihost service no problem yet using same components.

Skypack

Thankyou Masik3R.
Yes all fields are correct.
For all the folks outthere please take note of the following as this will save you a lot in loss of temper, time, wasted communication with clueless ISP call centre consultants etc...
YOU ONLY GET A BLUE 4G/LTE LIGHT ON YOUR ROUTER IF MTN, TELKOM ETC... ARE SENDING LTE TO YOU.
Your connection to PC is automatic (check to see router has this checked).
My service has appeared twice now for about an hour.
This is a network issue, there is nothing wrong with the hardware just be prepared to wait.....

Faux_Grey

Anyone signed up for this?
For 10 days now no connection apart from 1 hour then it went.
All router ( ZTE 286 C ) does is switch on and off every couple of minutes with only green arrows i.e. 3G only and even that does not connect.
Absolutely abysmal replies from Axxess...no help whatsoever. My neighbours Afrihost service no problem yet using same components.
Hi Skypack,

Could you humor me and try completely factory resetting the router, then reconfiguring it and see if that fixes it?

Skypack

HI Faux Grey,
I would love to but I fear the settings Axxess put in will all be erased?
If the signal for LTE is there then connection is automatic. It has already connected twice so this is a network issue, no?

Faux_Grey

HI Faux Grey,
I would love to but I fear the settings Axxess put in will all be erased?
If the signal for LTE is there then connection is automatic. It has already connected twice so this is a network issue, no?
After reset all you should have to do is re-add the APN which would be ws.axxess.fwa
Not sure what other setting axxess could have put in.

The reason I ask this is because I frequently get disconnected and forced to 3G only & only a factory reset fixes the problem. Seems you've been waiting more than a week being stuck in 3G?

ScrnScrm

Expert Member
Im having the exact same issue. Everytime I call the contact centre I get told to do a factory reset on the router, update APN, force to 3G, then set back to Auto. It is their standard response. Its been nearly a month now - and no Internet. Their call centre is pathetic. My advise is stay well well clear of Axxess because its obvious they don't know what they are doing.

Faux_Grey

Im having the exact same issue. Everytime I call the contact centre I get told to do a factory reset on the router, update APN, force to 3G, then set back to Auto. It is their standard response. Its been nearly a month now - and no Internet. Their call centre is pathetic. My advise is stay well well clear of Axxess because its obvious they don't know what they are doing.
It's not just axxess, Afrihost is doing this to me since the DECEMBER.
It's happening with all the MTN Fixed LTE providers and none of them know what the cause is.
webafrica, openweb, everyone.
My only advice is to switch to fiber if you can/have got it.

ScrnScrm

Expert Member
My only advice is to switch to fiber if you can/have got it.
Thanks for that. The service is actually being used by my Mom in SA, so I am remote supporting her from Europe, and it has been hard to work out what the heck is going on! Fortunately she still has her old Cell C LTE router from before Axxess switched them over to MTN, and a Cell C PAYG sim in it. That is working well, just costing me a Kings ransom for her to binge on Say Yes to the Dress or whatever crap she is currently streaming. I suppose we just have to wait it out.

ScrnScrm

Expert Member
And just like that, out of nowhere, the light suddenly went blue and the service is back up...........