Axxess on Openserve - slow speeds

Nips

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced this.I'm on a 20Mb/s down, 10Mb/s Up Capped Account with Axxess on Openserve fibre.

The problem started with slow performance on browsing so I did some speedtests. I found the Download speeds were good (around 19Mb/s) but upload speeds very bad (< 1Mb/s). I restarted my router, then the problem reversed - slow download but upload good. Restart again and no connectivity. Eventually after multiple restarts it came right (good up and down) but this doesn't last.

I logged a call with Axxess who suggested testing with the Openserve guest account. This gave me good figures up and down. I even tried restarting my router 3 times to make sure it wasn't just a fluke. Approximately 19Mb/s down and 10Mb/s up every time.

I don't think Axxess believe me because now they have asked me to do the Openserve test again and send them screenshots (which I will do tonight).

Any idease

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Get a test account from WebAfrica as well and then send them the screen shots of where the OS Test account and WA free account performs better than their account. If you are on month-2-month, cancel and move to CISP.

Nips

Get a test account from WebAfrica as well and then send them the screen shots of where the OS Test account and WA free account performs better than their account. If you are on month-2-month, cancel and move to CISP.

Good thinking. Thanks - I've asked WA for a test account.

Nips

Tried test accounts from WA and Afrihost and they gave me the same results as Axxess (i.e slow one way, usually up). So the problem seemed to manifest as soon as I have public internet access and doesn't occur when I connect to Openserve's guest account. Confirmed it wasn't something on my network flooding it.

Eventually got hold of another router and that works 100%. So somehow, my router is causing slow upload speeds but only when connecting to a proper ISP.

New router on its way