• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Bad Math and IT

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Going to sounds ridiculous but it astounds me daily but I would say being able to type properly and then also actually use correct spelling a grammar is infinitely more important than maths for the day to day efforts of IT work.

Jeez mostly any work for that matter.

The math will come into play probably less than 5% of the time and even then could be copy and pasted in most roles.

Now if the question was maths or no maths that is a little different and I would say you should at the very least have it.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
Well, math is very important, it shows you can solve problems, math is not just numbers but also on how to solve problems and think of things, it might not work in your favor, math is important in any field of work

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Logic and ability to apply solutions to problems is more important in IT across all fields.
Would you have that logic and ability if you didn’t do some maths though?

It’s why I raised the point that bad maths isn’t necessarily a problem, but no maths could very well be.

saor

Honorary Master
Now if the question was maths or no maths that is a little different and I would say you should at the very least have it.
And also to remind OP that sites like Khan academy etc. are great for going over some of the math they missed / struggled with. Free and in your own time.