Bajaj Qute

Mekon

Expert Member
Why only 216cc? These things are going to battle in places with lots of hills. Why not 500cc.? Would a bigger bore and stroke really have broken the bank with one of these?

Cereal_Killer

Forging
Why only 216cc? These things are going to battle in places with lots of hills. Why not 500cc.? Would a bigger bore and stroke really have broken the bank with one of these?
Chuck in a CBR 500 engine, and then you might have something

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I have to ask, what is this vehicle, a motor vehicle or ATV? The reason I am asking is whether this vehicle is roadworthy. I mean, may it travel on the national roads?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I have to ask, what is this vehicle, a motor vehicle or ATV? The reason I am asking is whether this vehicle is roadworthy. I mean, may it travel on the national roads?

This implies it's legal.
D8D1A05F-2215-4C58-9AB9-50EEEAA435DC.jpeg

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
This implies it's legal.
View attachment 1053829

I may be a skeptic, but that vehicle will kill someone on the N1/N2, or similar, being the cause. 70km/h with a questionable power train and steering... I don't believe, even with an experienced driver that the vehicle will behave accordingly when required to.

Imagine people hugging the right lane with this.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I may be a skeptic, but that vehicle will kill someone on the N1/N2, or similar, being the cause. 70km/h with a questionable power train and steering... I don't believe, even with an experienced driver that the vehicle will behave accordingly when required to.

Imagine people hugging the right lane with this.
A golf cart looks more stable. If it was even just slightly easy on the eye I would get one as a project car and convert it to electric, it would be the easiest way to go since it would be registered. An AWD with electric and petrol could also work.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Have you been setting some money aside to purchase a new car?

Well, there is a newly found R150/pm for a car that is topping trends on social media. It began as a joke on Twitter that a car would be as cheap as R150 a month.

The car is called the Bajaj Qute.

1618637030343.png

Spoiler alert; however, the Bajaj Qute does not qualify as a car. In fact, according to Bajaj the vehicle falls under what is called a quadricycle. This is because of the car's characteristics, which are those of a three-wheeler and a car.

With the skyrocketing price of living in the country- surely this would be a consideration, right?!

Many South Africans have taken the mickey out of the car; however, because of how it looks, let's be honest though it is appealing to think about making owning a car more affordable with lower instalments for car payment too.

The Bajaj Qute has a 0.6 engine capacity and can do 36 kilometres with just a litre of petrol. The car can carry four passengers at a time, including the driver.

Unfortunately, the car is not R150 a month; the Bajaj Qute retails at R75 000 and is available in Madagascar, Mozambique, and South Africa.