BBM on your desktop

Franna

Expert Member
http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-m...your-desktop-with-fixmo-web-messenger-887205/

"The only downside, as BerryReview notes, is that you’re sharing your BBM chats with Fixmo. Normally BBM is completely secure — no one can get to those conversations. So that’s one drawback. But if you’re just having innocuous conversations, it shouldn’t be much of an issue (unless you don’t like the idea on the principle of the matter). If you do give it a try, let us know in the comments what you think of it."

waz7710

not keen on the idea of opening up a secure form of communication to anyone......will wait in hope RIM implement it into 1 of there future desktop updates :)

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I wonder if using the emulator on a desktop world work?

No, without the device pin and service books for authentication it won't work and RIM has no future plans to make a desktop version and they will never release the next best thing which would be Remote Control, Blackberry devices are the only handsets with security protocols in place to stop any form of remote control either wia dta, wifi or cable.

Its 1 of their greatest security features.

If I were you I would not be optimistic about getting BBM on a desktop in any future, near or far.