Becoming an iburst tester

alf

Lately two of our myadsl forumites, regardtv and rodent have successfully become iburst testers. Please share with us how you did it?

armitage

Expert Member
WHY OH WHY? i wanna have at least once in my life the opportunity to test a product b3fore it becomes a village bicycles that hurts ye in the rear every time u use it(adsl, sentech anyone?)

Proud South african rip offs.

So you think we hit a strike 3 with Iburst.
Iburst is watching Sentech and they don`t want to end up in the same boat as them.
So Repeat this Chant

Iburst will Rule,Iburst will Rule.

Google is so smart,I typed in Hellkom and guess what google said

Don`t you mean.....<insert evil laugh>
TELKOM!

sihen

I agree, I dont think Iburst will land up like Sentech.
The thing that Iburst is doing well and very different to Sentech is the fact that they have around 150 testers using the service for a full year before going live.

My Iburst has been connected for a full week now without me pinging out from IRC or getting disconnected.

IBURST STABILITY SEEMS TO ROCK!!

armitage

Expert Member
baaaaaaaaaaaah tis not fair i tell you.
just got a reply from Iburst
basically thx for ure interest but anyone in CT were not gonna get to be beta testers. its not fair i tell you.

desraid

Expert Member
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sihen</i>
<br />
My Iburst has been connected for a full week now without me pinging out from IRC or getting disconnected.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not so many people are on the iBurst network at the moment.
So you can't really talk about the quality right now.

Legion21

Howcome there wont be any testers in CT?

Surely they will have to test their network infra-structure here when they set it up?

I shall await *hoping* that they will need some CT testers.

When will they put up towers in Cape Town,cause it`s on their roll out plan.

Google is so smart,I typed in Hellkom and guess what google said

Don`t you mean.....&lt;insert evil laugh&gt;
TELKOM!

armitage

Expert Member
lordly lord de damn. THE ONE AN ONLY PROASM SPEAKS
Proasm whois this wimax? and when are they gonna be coming out?
im kinda getting optimistic about all these wifi operators coming out now.

and what do you mean about the 0 towers in CT? i checked on their map and one of their towers is right smack bamn next my house.

andres101

Expert Member
armitage, wimax is a technology like wifi (802.11/a/b/g). it is also known as 802.16 or 802.20, not sure which... it will allow a transfer rate of something rediculous like 500Mbps over short distances (&lt;5km) and can transmit at 54mbps &gt;54km away. aparently mountains and houses will also not be a problem... no LOS needed!

these numbers above are what i remember... and not the actual figures. everything is speculation at this stage as (as far as i know), there is no standard yet.

telkom is currently doing testing (or will be shortly) in SA with WiMAX. Intel is supporting the technology and helping telkom with the testing.

armitage

Expert Member
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andres101</i>
<br />armitage, wimax is a technology like wifi (802.11/a/b/g). it is also known as 802.16 or 802.20, not sure which... it will allow a transfer rate of something rediculous like 500Mbps over short distances (&lt;5km) and can transmit at 54mbps &gt;54km away. aparently mountains and houses will also not be a problem... no LOS needed!

these numbers above are what i remember... and not the actual figures. everything is speculation at this stage as (as far as i know), there is no standard yet.

telkom is currently doing testing (or will be shortly) in SA with WiMAX. Intel is supporting the technology and helping telkom with the testing.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[|)]dude what are u smoking?[|)]
i didnt ask bout wimax. I know telkom is partnering with Intel to bring it out locally in 2007 or something here but at this point in time WIMAX just as well doesnt exist as far as im concerned. Im all bout getting the most meters per antenna out of my wifi connection.