Best fibre isp's

Aubrey Smith

Hey Guy's I am looking at all sort of fibre isp's, and well all of them promise something but has so much backlash. Hidden speeds and not always reliable. I want a fibre isp that cares for their customers. a Fibre isp that actually give you what you pay for without this premium or elite BS. Fibre is coming soos to my area and well I would like to hear from the people out there, that have experience in all of this and actually knows about these fibre related isp's.
Basically which suits you the best.
Thank you for reading my poor structured sentences, I am very annoyed by these isp that promise you something and does not deliver it up to the standard..

HowTo

Expert Member
@Aubrey Smith
Who is supplying the fiber network.
Look at there website and see which Fiber-ISP are available.
Then look on forum which ISP is the best.

Aubrey Smith

@Aubrey Smith
Thanks you I will see what I can do, they are still diggingin this area where I now live but I feel like there shouldnt be any trouble towards fibre

Aubrey Smith

@Aubrey Smith
I know sa dark villages is the people in controll of fibre here to the businesses and soon there will be fibre to homepackages available

3WA

Honorary Master
Are you sure about it because I have heard complaints about during peak hours people that are not premium, they get less than what they pay for

No, I wasn’t being serious about Afrihost.

I’m with Cool Ideas and find them excellent.

8BitLife

If on Vumatel, I highly recommend MacroLan (soon to be Seacom Western Cape). Uncapped, unthrottled and unshaped. They cover the R1750 Vumatel installation fee with no clawback period (confirmed it with them in writing) on a month-to-month contract. They also don't charge the R1000 activation fee that some other ISPs charge. So right of the bat, you save R2750. Been with them for 3 months now and I have no real complaints. Only issues I really had was sorting out the installation but wrote all about that experience in this thread.

Edit: Saw you mentioned SADV. I see MacroLan as an ISP on SADV network but SADV doesn't have a handy shop like Vumatel to compare pricing.

Last edited:

wingnut771

Honorary Master
If on Vumatel, I highly recommend MacroLan (soon to be Seacom Western Cape). Uncapped, unthrottled and unshaped. They cover the R1750 Vumatel installation fee with no clawback period (confirmed it with them in writing) on a month-to-month contract. They also don't charge the R1000 activation fee that some other ISPs charge. So right of the bat, you save R2750. Been with them for 3 months now and I have no real complaints. Only issues I really had was sorting out the installation but wrote all about that experience in this thread.

Edit: Saw you mentioned SADV. I see MacroLan as an ISP on SADV network but SADV doesn't have a handy shop like Vumatel to compare pricing.
could you please ping 51talk.ph?

Aubrey Smith

Okay thank you so much I really appreciate all the feedback. What kind of package do you have with them??

8BitLife

Okay thank you so much I really appreciate all the feedback. What kind of package do you have with them??
I have a 10/2 connection for R560 a month. Only 2 or 3 other providers that are slightly (+-R60/month) cheaper but they don't cover the installation fee while also charging the activation fee.

Aubrey Smith

I have a 10/2 connection for R560 a month. Only 2 or 3 other providers that are slightly (+-R60/month) cheaper but they don't cover the installation fee while also charging the activation fee.
Sweet thank you, another question do you get that 10mbsdownload speed all the time or does it drop from timeto time ?

Arex

We had a deal in our area for a Vox package, while i was skeptical at first as I didn't know them well, One year later I find them to be great, never any issues with our line, prices are great as well.

8BitLife

Sweet thank you, another question do you get that 10mbsdownload speed all the time or does it drop from timeto time ?
Can't say I have any problem with the connection dropping. Supposed to get 1.25mb/s download speed on a 10Mbps line. But consistently get 1.35mb/s cause the line actually gives me 10.8Mbps. That .8 amounts to an extra 100kb/s. Playing Dota, my ping is consistently jumping between 1 and 3 which is not bad at all. On ADSL and LTE my ping never dropped below 40 for comparison. When browsing, I do roughly once or twice a week get an issue with pages not wanting to load but it resolves itself in a few seconds.

Aubrey Smith

@AcceleritZa is the ISP you're looking for they're month to month ISP with zero contracts involved can always cancel your service if you're no longer interest, the other best part is that you can pause your account if you do decide to want to go on holiday and pay for the month you're looking to get the service.
I will go and give it a look thank you so much

Aubrey Smith

Can't say I have any problem with the connection dropping. Supposed to get 1.25mb/s download speed on a 10Mbps line. But consistently get 1.35mb/s cause the line actually gives me 10.8Mbps. That .8 amounts to an extra 100kb/s. Playing Dota, my ping is consistently jumping between 1 and 3 which is not bad at all. On ADSL and LTE my ping never dropped below 40 for comparison. When browsing, I do roughly once or twice a week get an issue with pages not wanting to load but it resolves itself in a few seconds.
Wow okay I am really looking forward to give them a call, because it almost sounds to good to be true. Thank you very much.