Best free disk imaging software (ability to boot from flash)?

Daruk

Honorary Master
I want to image my primary HDD. What software would you recommend? I want to boot from flash, image the drive (preferably to a NAS device), install the new drive, then transfer the image to the new (bigger) drive.

TIA

Daruk

Honorary Master
That sounds like a long and tedious way to do it. Just use Clonezilla and do a disk to disk clone

https://clonezilla.org/show-live-doc-content.php?topic=clonezilla-live/doc/03_Disk_to_disk_clone
Not going to happen unfortunately. I have a single Notebook PC with a single M.2 SSD slot. I'm upgrading the M.2 which houses my OS. Besides, I'm reusing the replaced M.2 in an older Macbook air and don't want to leave it in the cupboard for a week or two while I test and make sure I've backed everything up. An image or straight file copy will do I guess. Maybe I should just boot Hirens and copy all of C: to my NAS then install a fresh Win 10.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Acronis is the best, but not free. Not sure if the free trial will do it for you.

newby_investor

Expert Member
Acronis has free editions depending on the brand of new drive you buy. I used a free edition with my WD drive a few months back.