Best ISP for international Latency ?

sparticus

Expert Member
Hello,

After a few weeks and doing some checking I came to the conclusion that getting anything around about the 150ms for international servcers is just not an option in SA no matter how fast your line speed.

The question I have then is what would be the next best case scenario ? My ping is on a good day about 250+ I would be happier at at least 200ms.

PS - Im on a 100Mb fibre link with Octotel/Webafrica

WAslayer

Expert Member
Move closer to the servers you want as low latency as possible for.. that's your absolute best option..

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hello,

After a few weeks and doing some checking I came to the conclusion that getting anything around about the 150ms for international servcers is just not an option in SA no matter how fast your line speed.

The question I have then is what would be the next best case scenario ? My ping is on a good day about 250+ I would be happier at at least 200ms.

PS - Im on a 100Mb fibre link with Octotel/Webafrica
You are from CPT you should get like 145 to 155ms to London. If you don't your issues is with Webafrica or maybe Octotel.

Jhb/Pta gets about 158ms to London so yeah change ISPs.

sparticus

Expert Member
You are from CPT you should get like 145 to 155ms to London. If you don't your issues is with Webafrica or maybe Octotel.

Jhb/Pta gets about 158ms to London so yeah change ISPs.
How can I check international latency from my connection ? Any recommended sites to use ?

sparticus

Expert Member
Do a trace route to something hosted internationally from your machine's command prompt..

Most things you get online are not going to be accurate..
Ok cool, will do that yes. U think as a previous cisco engineer I would know that lol