Best Network?

Mars

Honorary Master
I find myself in a situation where all 5 of my VC contracts come to completion this year. I cannot see the point of upgrading our phones and nothing excites me about the new devices so I am thinking about moving my entire family onto one of those 5 sim on one contract things.

I cant seem to find any information on them on the websites tho (WTF happened to mtn's site btw).
Also are any of the other networks better than VC at the moment? While I haven't had any issues with the cellular service (load shedding issues aside) I find their customer service appalling. I can almost never get an issue resolved unless I force it up the ladder and keep on them all the time by phoning every single day. There is still a 2 year issue that's unresolved but I'm simply done with fighting to get issues resolved since I have to repeat the whole god damn thing every time I call.

The constant sales calls also are getting on my nerves. Exactly how many vc "service agents" must I tell to fsk off before they get the message? Its not 6, since I have told 7 to fsk off so far.

So ranting aside. are they all this crap?

inanabhay

Telkom Mobile have a family package

and, for Data, get a Rain Mobile Sim

Mars

Honorary Master
Telkom Mobile have a family package

and, for Data, get a Rain Mobile Sim
They all have family packages of some sort. I'll go trawling at the mall and get the specs from the different shops because ALL their websites are ****. Edit: Is MyBB still censoring ****? :(

While rain is very cool as a backup, it wont work in this application since I need data on all the phones, none of them are dual sim, and it impractical to carry a separate device to serve data for a single person let alone 5.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Best network? Very subjective. Best would be the best where you use your phone the most. I find MTN gives me the best connectivity out here in the sticks. A district over and VC is best.

Package wise Telkom is best, especially with the month to month as you are not commiting.

Aquila ka Hecate

Expert Member
Well, you can rule out Cell C as "best network".
Disappears from networks listing during loadshedding.

Mars

Honorary Master
Well, you can rule out Cell C as "best network".
Disappears from networks listing during loadshedding.
Unfortunately this happens to most of the networks. The backup batteries get stolen and then the tower goes down. Happens with VC in my area and MTN in another close to me.