Best OTC anxiety/sleeplessness aids?

Irfaan786

What are the best natural aids that you may have found effective for you? Trying to wean of zopax which has been helping me but I want an alternative as I can't keep getting a script for it.. so share what has worked for you, I've been hearing that pills contain valerian root is good anybody tried any of those from clicks?

Irfaan786

One weekend.
I was on zolpidem and ssri's etc. suffer anxiety etc. was on other stuff too.

The trick is to not get out of bed when you get annoyed by not falling asleep. The not sleeping is a byproduct of the addiction. It is a mindset, the monkey brain running around all night telling you, you need to take a pill otherwise you cannot sleep.

I have quit multiple times in my life. And what works best is to get into bed at 9pm every night. If you do not sleep, just stay in bed. Yes you will be tired and yes you will tell yourself its ok to rather take sleeping pills than it is to be tired at work etc.

Just stick with it. Eventually your mind will let you sleep. If that does not work, go and sit on a bed from friday night, forcing yourself to do chores from 6am, repeat it sunday. If you have not slept for 2 nights straight, your body will crash and you will sleep. The rest is BS excuses to feed the addiction

Oh. But i will admit when i quit the first time, i used CBD oil which is legal and can be bought online with a tiny bit of THC content. Its more a placebo than anything else, but it alleviates the need to take something before bed time.
Appreciate your input man, and when you mention the fact that my mind tells me I can't sleep unless I take a pill is exactly my problem.. I know it's more of a battle between you and your mind but it's a tough battle and I was thinking bout taking something natural to wean me off slowly until I get a strong mindset to fully quit any pills

Irfaan786

By the way I purchased canna oil from cannasutra and I took like 7 drops the night before I went to bed however I didn't find it to be very effective I still woke up from bed that night and took a zopax, website states it's like 15mg THC per 10 drops? Maybe I needed to up the dose? I still have a full 9ml or so bottle

Irfaan786

My bad each ML is equal to 20 drops, so I guess 7 was too lil for somebody who's on 1mg zopax however now I've lowered the dose to 0.5mg but maybe I should give this oil a go again with a higher dose? In the mean time you guys can post other OTC pills that has helped you

Lupus

Honorary Master
Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean it's good for you or better, also in essence taking things that are "natural" is more then likely just a placebo effect. So what you should do is take a pack of tic tacs, but them in a brown glass bottle and take two of those before bed.
It will pretty much have the same effect as most "natural" products.