Big changes coming to Gmail

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Big changes coming to Gmail

Google is making big changes to the Gmail interface to integrate Google Chat into the email application.

"One thing we’ve heard again and again from our users is how switching between apps interrupts their flow - and their focus," said Google.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Terrible headline this is for Gsuite customers...

Can they just fsck off and give us Inbox back again?
Why? Gmail has most Inbox features already. The only thing I miss is bundles and that's still coming based on a Gmail apk teardown.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Terrible headline this is for Gsuite customers...

Why? Gmail has most Inbox features already. The only thing I miss is bundles and that's still coming based on a Gmail apk teardown.

It has most of the features, in a very shitty interface.. They should have migrated everyone to Inbox, rather than move everyone back to Gmail.. Inbox was an upgrade over the Gmail interface in pretty much every way.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
It has most of the features, in a very shitty interface.. They should have migrated everyone to Inbox, rather than move everyone back to Gmail.. Inbox was an upgrade over the Gmail interface in pretty much every way.
Can't agree more.
I was peeved beyond belief at the recall of it.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender

I tried it when it was available. It confused the k@k out of me I have to admit. I preferred the normal Gmail. Maybe I am just getting old :) Though that was when I was younger and perhaps a bit more....what is the word the kids are using today "woke" when it comes to tech. lol

LOM

Honorary Master
I tried it when it was available. It confused the k@k out of me I have to admit. I preferred the normal Gmail. Maybe I am just getting old :) Though that was when I was younger and perhaps a bit more....what is the word the kids are using today "woke" when it comes to tech. lol
First thing I did when I discovered it was turn off conversations. Worst "feature" ever IMO. A toggle would be nice, but not a 'deep in the heart of settings' option.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
They need to do something about the spam, i know they move the spam to the spam box but the email addresses need to be blacklisted or deleted if they are a gmail address as per gmail ToS.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
First thing I did when I discovered it was turn off conversations. Worst "feature" ever IMO. A toggle would be nice, but not a 'deep in the heart of settings' option.

Oh yeah, the conversations I turned off as well.... it was very poorly implemented.

Reactions: LOM

Swa

Honorary Master
Hopefully they fix their previous cockup when they changed the interface and forced this horrid big tile look on us.