Black Friday disaster

ordy

2 years ago I purchased a Black Friday contract - 30GB+30GB @R299 24 months. This increased to R323 after about 6 months (no new benefits!)

I didn't want to extend the contract when it came to an end (26 November 2020) and contacted customer services on 23 October 2020 over 20 days before the contract ended. I have still been debited- each time increasing - 01/12/2020 increased to R353.60 and on 04/01/2021 it increased to R629.00 - close to R1000 excess (excluding the increase after 6 months!)

I have repeatedly contacted customer services and accounts (5 times) - each time they say they will get back to me, but no-one ever does.

johnjm

Expert Member
2 years ago I purchased a Black Friday contract - 30GB+30GB @R299 24 months. This increased to R323 after about 6 months (no new benefits!)

I didn't want to extend the contract when it came to an end (26 November 2020) and contacted customer services on 23 October 2020 over 20 days before the contract ended. I have still been debited- each time increasing - 01/12/2020 increased to R353.60 and on 04/01/2021 it increased to R629.00 - close to R1000 excess (excluding the increase after 6 months!)

I have repeatedly contacted customer services and accounts (5 times) - each time they say they will get back to me, but no-one ever does.

They need more than 20 days notice if you read the fine print.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
They need more than 20 days notice if you read the fine print.
Nah their retentions department/billing is a mess.

I'm struggling to cancel a contract that was supposed to end in December 2020. I gave them 30 days notice and also called in the month the contract was supposed to expire and they confirmed they marked the contract for cancelation and that the number will move to prepaid.

This month I got my monthly contract allocation again and when I queried it they said a cancelation was never put through. Told them to process an immediate cancelation and to review the call recordings. Now I need to wait for them to "investigate" and process a refund.

ordy

Nah their retentions department/billing is a mess.

I'm struggling to cancel a contract that was supposed to end in December 2020. I gave them 30 days notice and also called in the month the contract was supposed to expire and they confirmed they marked the contract for cancelation and that the number will move to prepaid.

This month I got my monthly contract allocation again and when I queried it they said a cancelation was never put through. Told them to process an immediate cancelation and to review the call recordings. Now I need to wait for them to "investigate" and process a refund.
Looks like we're going through the same "process" - however I've been waiting for them to "investigate & process a refund", with them just charging more!

Last edited: