Black Friday Issues

jeevadotnet

In January 2017 I took out 2x Black Friday contracts that MTN ran (which was a followup of their November 2016 Black Friday Special).

However this week I keep on getting SMSes that "your black friday deal will expire on the 14th November" - This is 3 months before the end of my 2-year contract.

How come they can prematurely cancel my Black Friday special which was offered with the 2-year contract but I'm not allowed to prematurely cancel my contract to which it was bolt on.

Therefore I'm stuck with this contract and cannot do anything even if they might run a worthwhile Black Friday deal this November?

marioat1

Expert Member
In January 2017 I took out 2x Black Friday contracts that MTN ran (which was a followup of their November 2016 Black Friday Special).

However this week I keep on getting SMSes that "your black friday deal will expire on the 14th November" - This is 3 months before the end of my 2-year contract.

How come they can prematurely cancel my Black Friday special which was offered with the 2-year contract but I'm not allowed to prematurely cancel my contract to which it was bolt on.

Therefore I'm stuck with this contract and cannot do anything even if they might run a worthwhile Black Friday deal this November?
Reread your smss. I took a second of those sims end of January 2017.

Y.ello! You are eligible for an early upgrade as your 24 month contract with MTN will be up for renewal on 25/01/2019, visit your nearest MTN store now! TsCs.

jeevadotnet

Reread your smss. I took a second of those sims end of January 2017.

Y.ello! You are eligible for an early upgrade as your 24 month contract with MTN will be up for renewal on 25/01/2019, visit your nearest MTN store now! TsCs.

No I received that SMS as well with the same dates. However I also received multiple SMSes that my Black Friday bolt on will expire on the 14th November 2017.