Blackberry vs HTC Wildfire S

Half_Frog

Expert Member
I have the option of getting one of these phones now

Which is the better one. At the moment i have a blackberry and to be honest its getting a bit over rated and boring

Pros and cons would be much appreciated

LEE COLIN

Both are kind of equally matched in terms of pricing, HTC has teh andriods so thats a plus. blackberry gots the bis so will save Maybe?? on data budles. Both has the whatsapp's, Blackberry not much apps like the HTC , blackberry's email service is a plus aswell as the twitter and facebook apps with the bis - when their network isnt down

What i just said probably wont help make your mind up? :p

I used both Android and Blackberry

Mr G

Depends on what you really want ... wildfire is a better phone that the blackberry (i assume you are reffering to the 8520 curve??), but ito data costs BIS comes up trumps! Decide on what is more important and you have your answer

Half_Frog

Expert Member
i actually have a 9800 3G but thinking bout getting a bb with OS 7 or maybe an android phone. Dnt really like those big ass phones. if i wanted that then i would just get a galaxy tab.

Dino_Rox

i would prefer android any day and i recommend it closed eyes , no matter what device is running it ,
android in simple terms is flexibility and excellence in the mobile os world ,
all blackberry has is BBm and "Free Internet" which you could most likely waste R60 monthly on
Android has some of the best apps and GAMES of all mobile devices, but be prepared to spend on your data monthly cos its highly addictive
unless you're connected to a WIFI all day and night like me :p then you can go CRAAAZY :p

SCHUMI-4-EVA

Expert Member
The Wildfire S is a pretty good starter level Android and definitely the one I'd go for.

Dolby

Honorary Master
... even over the BB9900 with OS7 ... ?

The one is entry level and the other top of the line?

Personally I'd go with the BB9900 - but it is a R2,500.00 vs R7,000.00 phone

EDIT : OK - I'm guessing the Wildfire price, but I think it was the FNB list at R70.00pm

SCHUMI-4-EVA

Expert Member
Actually yes. But it's clear that's not the question being asked since otherwise the thread would be called BB9900 VS SGS2

stevovo

Expert Member
I had a blackberry for 2 weeks after using an android phone and I got so frustrated that I sold it and went back to android.

Reboot after every app update and removal? How stupid is that?

EXTREMELY slow network speed 24/7 even on 3G. Blackberry is a joke. I'll rather pay for a data bundle so that I can have proper access to internet.