Blackview - your thoughts

gertvanjoe

So I'm looking into purchasing a Blackview bv5500pro. Seems to be available locally at a decent price. Got everything I possible need, drop and spill resistant, 3 gig ram and 16 gim rom and gorilla glass.

Any one has an experience with the brand. From what I could find, the devices seem to be Google certified

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
My dad has two of their phones. He's very happy with them, and the bit I've played around with them, they are pretty impressive for the price.

obsidian86

Works ok but looks like it was designed by Salvador Dali

The ulephone armour and doogee S phones look better

rustypup

Battery life is awesome.... because push notifications suck...

Other than that, fantastic kit.3 days on one charge...usage depending

gertvanjoe

Battery life is awesome.... because push notifications suck...

Other than that, fantastic kit.3 days on one charge...usage depending
I rarely use push (only really for carbonite) The more I can isolate myself from the barrage of info coming in, the better.

But how does it suck?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
No, that phone is garbage, get one of the newer models. The BV5500 Pro has a mediatek MT6739 released in 2017, a 4C/4T CPU clocked at 1500MHz that frequently throttles in that case. It has a resolution of 1440x720, so not great (that's the max that that SoC (the mediatek chip) supports). It was as low a spec'ed phoned you could get at the end of 2017, it's definitely not better now. My friend bought that one when it came out, the charging port gave up on life just over a year after he got it, so Blackview did not want to swap it out on warranty, and it was constantly laggy.

You do not want to get anything below the 6000 series, but that sadly pushes up the price quite a bit.