Blockchain wallet gets support for Ethereum

adrianx

Expert Member
I transferred ±R500.00 worth of BTC from Luno to Ice3x, a couple of days ago, and the transaction cost me ~ZAR 66.83!!

That's a lot, isn't it? When will the transaction costs come down, only after the 2MB blocks have been implemented?

Swa

Honorary Master
After ethereum-wallet, NO!

I transferred ±R500.00 worth of BTC from Luno to Ice3x, a couple of days ago, and the transaction cost me ~ZAR 66.83!!

That's a lot, isn't it? When will the transaction costs come down, only after the 2MB blocks have been implemented?
You sure that's transaction costs and not arbitrage?

adrianx

Expert Member
Luno calls it a "withdrawal fee".
dda3ba94f940f63d61b4d4f9544d1125.jpg

Swa

Honorary Master
Geez that's expensive. I know they implemented dynamic fees and there's a lot of activity with high price going on but seems it's not working so well as transfer fees should be between 1-0.1% depending on how much you're transferring.

Thor

Honorary Master
Geez that's expensive. I know they implemented dynamic fees and there's a lot of activity with high price going on but seems it's not working so well as transfer fees should be between 1-0.1% depending on how much you're transferring.

Luno is extremely expensive. I hardly use them at this stage. On PW there's a comparrison it's cheaper to buy it via swift to a different exhange.

Swa

Honorary Master
Luno is extremely expensive. I hardly use them at this stage. On PW there's a comparrison it's cheaper to buy it via swift to a different exhange.
Says the one that was pushing them on everyone. :p They're one of the cheapest to buy/sell directly. Unfortunately with this new fee scheme transferring in and out has become expensive.

adrianx

Expert Member
For the record, I'm still very much pro "cryptocurrency", just learning the ropes.

I used to "trade" quite a lot in the beginning and although I didn't lose much, I also didn't make any profit at all.

Concepts like "support", "resistance", "the bounce", "the break", channels, trend lines... eish!

What I do now is I buy Bitcoin (maybe Litecoin and Ether soon) and I just leave it there, I don't touch it.

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
Says the one that was pushing them on everyone. :p They're one of the cheapest to buy/sell directly. Unfortunately with this new fee scheme transferring in and out has become expensive.

They are still the easiest, but dynamic fees is a mask for we overcharge.

Thor

Honorary Master
For the record, I'm still very much pro "cryptocurrency", just learning the ropes.

I used to "trade" quite a lot in the beginning and although I didn't lose much, I also didn't make any profit at all.

Concepts like "support", "resistance", "the bounce", "the break", channels, trend lines... eish!

What I do now is I buy Bitcoin (maybe Litecoin and Ether soon) and I just leave it there, I don't touch it.
The lazy man's trading = Hodl