Blu-Ray movies from US

benitok

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
746
Reaction score
0
Location
Cape Town
Do any of you know a US website where I can order blu-ray movies from. I know they are region A.

I know take 2 sells, but if you look at Amazon's prices which is very cheap compared to take 2.

The other option is from Asia which is also region A, but I looked at www.play-asia.com and there prices are more or less the same as take 2.

Sorry I put this thread under consoles, but I didn't see one for movies. :o
 
I haven't tried lately, but certain items they don't ship to South Africa. We are in a different region for Blu-Ray, so I don't think they will. I know they ship to Malaysia, (I've got in-laws there). Malaysia is also Region A.

My reason for buying Region A blu-ray movies is that my PS3 is from Asia.
 
Last edited:
Well bro the best thing I can say is find a friend thats in the US or use one of those companies that send stuff over for you. The question is will it still be cheaper.. I am living in the UK, Dvd's have become ridiculously cheap, often 2 quid a dvd, but amazon.com has insane blu-ray specials!
As far as I know, most blu-ray movies work on all PS3's (google) I would just be afraid that one day that would change and ur Blu-Ray collection becomes useless.
I know games work from where ever and most movies although regioned still work
 
I don't think Amazon wiill have a problem shipping Blu-Ray to SA. They ship DVD's (region 1) without a problem, I have ordered from them before. Just check the postage - sometimes that makes it not worthwhile.
Also the region encoding will be a problem if playing on a locally purchased console/Blu-Ray player.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X