Building ISP Fibre Network

P00HB33R

Can anyone enlighten me as to how exactly a neighborhood fibre network is built.
Is there a single fibre cable to each premises from the distribution box?
Is there a switch in the distribution box? Or does everyone have a direct fibre link to main exchange?
How do they get a cable from the backbone to the house? Do they cut open the backbone and choose an unused fibre and splice? Or is there another method?

Cant find any good info on mr google.

simons

Can anyone enlighten me as to how exactly a neighborhood fibre network is built.
Is there a switch in the distribution box? Or does everyone have a direct fibre link to main exchange?
How do they get a cable from the backbone to the house? Do they cut open the backbone and choose an unused fibre and splice? Or is there another method?

How many homes do you want to connect?

simons