Buying iPhone 4 from MTN Direct

surfs-up

Expert Member
So my contract with MTN expired, and I wanted to upgrade to a new contract and iPhone 4 32GB. I went to my local MTN store, and they said the easiest and quickest way to get a new iPhone is through MTN DIRECT.

So I call them up, they say the have stock, and they email all the stuff for me to sign. I fill it all in and email back with a copy of my ID. My account is debited with over R 1 000, for downgrading my package.
This all happened on Monday

Now I wait.....no tracking number, no email to say it has been sent with their courier....boggerall. Because i gave my home address, I find myself spending a lot of time at home, sitting and waiting for something that might take a few days or a few weeks ?

Maybe I am old fashioned, but on a phone that is valued at around R 10 K, I expect some kind of contact or feedback. I could be going away when the phone arrives.....I have no idea how long to wait or when to expect it. Do I give them one week ? 2 weeks ? 3 weeks ?

Anyone here bought a phone through MTN DIRECT ? - particularly an iPhone, that can tell me what the procedure is, and how long it took ?

Thanks

Last edited:

BoomerPipe

Hi, I have the same problem although its with an HTC DHD. Ordered the phone and then nothing, been waiting three days so far and no idea how much longer.

Yuu

Executive Member
Normally i would say something like this is happening because you ordered peak period but demand your money back and take your business elsewhere.

just my 128bytes of info :D.

surfs-up

Expert Member
Okay, that usually happens - put out a post and then like magic someone seems to be listening and sorts me out. My new iPhone 4 32GB arrived this afternoon, a few hours after I started this thread.

Only bummer, is that it came with the older firmware, so I am sitting here waiting for the 640 MB download of 4.2 has finished before I can use it

If anyone is needing an iPhone 4 32GB or 16 GB, I can confirm, MTN Direct has stock, and it took 4 days from order, to arrive at my front gate

Just to let everyone know I did my order today (without verification as yet) and they say the warehouse is closed until January so if you order now you'll only get it in January

SY573M

Applied for my iPhone4 16G through MTN last week and they contacted me and said I should have it by next week wed (friday at the latest) :)