Can I change my MTN number while in contract?

FlashSA

Honorary Master
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
10,906
Reaction score
3,031
I would appreciate it if anyone who knows if this can be done or has first hand experience with having this done shares here.

I have 2 sims in my dual sim phone, my primary number which is on Vodacom Prepaid and a second sim which is a MTN BLACK FRIDAY deal contract sim.

I am thinking about going back to a single sim phone, but need to merge my primary number and the benefits on the Black Friday MTN sim.

If I was to port my primary number to a MTN prepaid sim, would an MTN store then be able to move this prepaid MTN number to the Black Friday contract? This way, my Black Friday sim would now be my primary number and I can go back to a single sim phone.
 
They won't be able to merge the Vodacom number with the contract for the black friday because of the sim requirements and the fact that you ported the number.

I would consider a new phone only after your black friday contract has terminated and then move to Vodacom entirely. MTN is not worth it (and you're talking to someone with an MTN number since 1998 who ported less than a year ago with way better quality of service etc)
 
They won't be able to merge the Vodacom number with the contract for the black friday because of the sim requirements and the fact that you ported the number.

I would consider a new phone only after your black friday contract has terminated and then move to Vodacom entirely. MTN is not worth it (and you're talking to someone with an MTN number since 1998 who ported less than a year ago with way better quality of service etc)

This is a concern of mine. Vodacom support has been brilliant and voice is the best out of all the networks in my opinion. My other plan was to just suck it up and buy Voda bundles and purchase an LTE mifi when when I need to access the 50GB MTN data sim...
 
Hi did you come right?

Wife's contract with Vodascum has ended. Want to move her number onto 1 of my blackfriday sims too.

According to the call centre on 808, an MTn store can do the numberswop once she's moved to prepaid.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X