Canceling Telkom mobile contract

Akasha

Executive Member
Hi guys

So I got a new contract on 25/01/2019. I very specifically asked the consultant if they'll charge me for the remaining days of January and he said no. He said I'll be charged in Feb for both devices (I upgraded early, which is fine, I agreed to that). But now they want to charge me for the new contract for Jan and Feb.

I definitely didn't agree to that. I've had the phone for a total of 12 days. I wanna cancel. What's the best way to go about this? Is there some sort of cooling-off period?

Thanks

marioat1

Expert Member
Hi guys

So I got a new contract on 25/01/2019. I very specifically asked the consultant if they'll charge me for the remaining days of January and he said no. He said I'll be charged in Feb for both devices (I upgraded early, which is fine, I agreed to that). But now they want to charge me for the new contract for Jan and Feb.

I definitely didn't agree to that. I've had the phone for a total of 12 days. I wanna cancel. What's the best way to go about this? Is there some sort of cooling-off period?

Thanks
For cooling off period the consultant would've told you that at time of going contract. First billing is always Pro-rata on first month

Akasha

Executive Member
Yes. But he said it'll be only in March, not Feb. Which is what they're doing now

marioat1

Expert Member
Yes. But he said it'll be only in March, not Feb. Which is what they're doing now
Going to guess that the consultant made a calculated "mistake", when he realized you're upgrading and taking another contract.
At telkom store I do everything, the consultants always tell me to only do the deal in first week of month to get maximum value.