Canon lenses

I guess it was in S.A. a day after you placed your order...
Not quite but that was partially my fault as I didnt look at one of the emails they sent which contained a request for credit card verification. :o

It (eventually :o) shipped on the 23rd and arrived in SA on the 25th.
 
Nice! First shot?

I find my 10-20mm to be huge fun. So much more perspective to play with.

Here's a few

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5616&cat=500

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/showphoto.php/photo/5615

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/showphoto.php/photo/5614

I'll be having fun with this latest lens that I've decided completes my lens collection.

If you view the large version of the pics you can see the EXIF

We've had great fun holding it at arms length taking pictures of the wife and I with the scenery in the background.
 
Last edited:
Nice - pity you're stuck in Pittsburgh though :p

So what else is in your collection?

Pittsburgh's not too bad - I was thinking of driving up to Niagara but the 3.5 hour drive each way is putting me off.

Here's my collection:
EOS 350D + Kit 18-55 lens
EOS 30D, EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS USM,
EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM, EF 28 f1.8 USM,
EF-s 10-22, Kenko 2X TC, 580EX, remote button

The 2X TC, 18-55 kit lens and EF 28 1.8 gather dust
 
I have a old Pentax with motorized Auto lens. The shutter is broken. It has a 28/80 lens.

Can the parts / lens be used on something more modern?
 

Very cool!

I'll be having fun with this latest lens

+1 I'm having huge fun with mine and telling anyone who will listen to buy one :)

EOS 350D + Kit 18-55 lens
EOS 30D, EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS USM,
EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM, EF 28 f1.8 USM,
EF-s 10-22, Kenko 2X TC, 580EX, remote button

I'm looking long and hard at this lens. As much as I love my Sigma 10-20mm and EF 24-105L, I find when I'm travelling, I keep switching them and most of my photos end up being the range of the 17-55 (I tend to use the longer end of the Sigma). The 17-55 f/2.8 has a reputation for matching L glass in quality and the few minutes I played with it really left me impressed.

I have a old Pentax with motorized Auto lens. The shutter is broken. It has a 28/80 lens.

Can the parts / lens be used on something more modern?

What model is the camera?
 
I'm looking long and hard at this lens. As much as I love my Sigma 10-20mm and EF 24-105L, I find when I'm travelling, I keep switching them and most of my photos end up being the range of the 17-55 (I tend to use the longer end of the Sigma). The 17-55 f/2.8 has a reputation for matching L glass in quality and the few minutes I played with it really left me impressed.

It is notorious for the dust ingress, flare and exorbitant price.
I've cleaned the dust out of mine and since use a UV filter which has stopped the dust ingress and bought the expensive hood which reduces the flare and I take note of the light angles and avoid situations that could cause flare, however I'll never do without this very versatile walk-around lens.
 
I wasn't aware of the dust and flaring. I guess I'll have to find a place that will let me take it out in the street.

It kinda bothers me that a UV solves the dust issue. How the hell does dust get in via the front element???
 
Aah right. Lens design has changed somewhat since the last time I took one apart (I was young enough to get a hiding :)).

The thought of taking my 24-105L apart to get dust out scares the living daylights out of me!
 
I wasn't aware of the dust and flaring. I guess I'll have to find a place that will let me take it out in the street.

It kinda bothers me that a UV solves the dust issue. How the hell does dust get in via the front element???
I've heard that Canon also recommends a clear filter on the 16-35 in order to weather proof it.
:D At least it's here now :)
Not quite - UPS is claiming it's delayed due to yesterday's strike action. :mad:
 
Not quite - UPS is claiming it's delayed due to yesterday's strike action. :mad:

And the drama continues... They are pathetic. I'm surprised your goodies got here so quickly. I ordered some filters for my telescope on the 4th and it will only be here the 11th :o
 
I'm going to propose to UPS that the rebrand locally as SNAFU.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X