• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

cant register on network

Hey guys so I got my sim and got the welcome email and my free days are starting to count down, However, I am unable to connect to rains network.

I am quite far out of their coverage map however my phone is showing their network when I do a search I see "Rain" and "65519", I popped in the sim and its not connecting to the network when i try to manualy connect to any of them i get the error message "Failed to register on network.

I think this could be due to weak signal correct and not some underlying issue with rain not actively activating my sim.
I will need to wait till next weekend before I will be in the range of a tower to test.

In my case do you think it would be worth trying to get a modem with a yagi to connect even if i get 4 meg I would be happy?

Venomous

Honorary Master
this was the data sim on their website.
If its the fixed LTE sim card then it works in only certain modem. I think there is a list on their site.

If you ordered the mobile sim you can use it in any mobile phone that is 4G.

If its the fixed LTE sim card then it works in only certain modem. I think there is a list on their site.

If you ordered the mobile sim you can use it in any mobile phone that is 4G.
This is not a fixed LTE this is the prepaid sim from their website using on S8.
I think my signal may just be to weak to connect/register.