Good day.
My friend got uncapped from cybersmart a week ago and he was having issues with his latency to online games (sometimes going up to 1000+ ms at times) so yesterday I decided to try my afrihost accounts on his computer to test whether it's cybersmart or the adsl.
So at first I tried setting up the afrihost as a pppoe connection from windows 7 but whenever I try to connect it gives me error 651. I double checked the login details on my home pc (at a different house) and it works so the details are definitely ok.
So I figured that the router is probably not in bridge mode so I log into his router but it seems to already be in bridge mode. I then see that you can have a list of accounts configured on the router and I noticed that the cybersmart account was also in there and active. I added a second account, selected pppoe and put in the afrihost details.
Now the moment I pressed 'save' his internet goes offline. I thought not too bad I'll just go back and delete the afrihost account and it should work again - only it doesn't, even after deleting the account and making sure that only the cybersmart account is there the internet light on the router just never lights up
(the adsl light is still up)
The only changes I made to the router I reversed, and I never touched the cybersmart settings yet it still doesn't even want to connect to cybersmart, what am I doing wrong?
The router is a TP-8840T
Anyone have any ideas? When I get back today I'm gonna try resetting the router and going through the quick setup using the cybersmart details to see if that works. Problem is that the router was delivered to him like that with the cybersmart account already in the router so I'm not sure if that's gonna work.
My friend got uncapped from cybersmart a week ago and he was having issues with his latency to online games (sometimes going up to 1000+ ms at times) so yesterday I decided to try my afrihost accounts on his computer to test whether it's cybersmart or the adsl.
So at first I tried setting up the afrihost as a pppoe connection from windows 7 but whenever I try to connect it gives me error 651. I double checked the login details on my home pc (at a different house) and it works so the details are definitely ok.
So I figured that the router is probably not in bridge mode so I log into his router but it seems to already be in bridge mode. I then see that you can have a list of accounts configured on the router and I noticed that the cybersmart account was also in there and active. I added a second account, selected pppoe and put in the afrihost details.
Now the moment I pressed 'save' his internet goes offline. I thought not too bad I'll just go back and delete the afrihost account and it should work again - only it doesn't, even after deleting the account and making sure that only the cybersmart account is there the internet light on the router just never lights up
The only changes I made to the router I reversed, and I never touched the cybersmart settings yet it still doesn't even want to connect to cybersmart, what am I doing wrong?
The router is a TP-8840T
Anyone have any ideas? When I get back today I'm gonna try resetting the router and going through the quick setup using the cybersmart details to see if that works. Problem is that the router was delivered to him like that with the cybersmart account already in the router so I'm not sure if that's gonna work.
Last edited: