Cape Town coverage question - be kind I'm a Joburger!

divv

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
821
Reaction score
3
Location
South Africa.
Hi folks.
I have been offered a 5 week job in CT in Feb/March, the company say they will find me accommodation in "City Bowl" or Atlantic Seaboard. I don't know which suburbs this means so I can't check on the coverage map - should I be OK with Iburst signal in these locations?

Thanks.
 
The city bowl is very well covered by iBurst, the Atlantic Seaboard not so much. Depends on where though. The best coverage for iBurst in Cape Town is definitely the city bowl and Southern Suburbs.
 
Atlantic seaboard is normally Green Point, Sea Point, Clifton, Camps Bay etc.
 
Thanks deweyzeph - that gives me a good starting point. (I may have to settle for poor coverage in the end - they are having to find me a place which allows my cat which may limit options!)
 
psheldon - they did mention Green Point. AFAIK place of work is close to Waterfront so they would want something close-ish...
 
Thanks yes I know the site - just need to know the suburbs involved :-)
As soon as I find out which one I'll check the map. Thanks again..
 
im from Oranjezicht CapeTown, i reside the last house side of Table Mt and my coverage is very good, ive only a 1m modemand it is used to maximum capacity 90% of the time.........
 
divv, will do but now is the wrong time to look, April is the best time to look-off season....but will keep an eye out!
 
hey divv just spoke to my sister (what she does), u can give her a call, ive tell she might be expecting a call so no worries........
********** and her name is *********........
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks PP.. Right now I have a different problem - I'm in Durbs and trying to use my USB modem - somehow laptop not seeing it - could have sworn I've used it on this machine!! Try loading drivers from Iburst website on a Blackberry - doesn't work!!! Grrrrr
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X