Capitec Fraud Incident

diekeyser

Hello

Just a heads-up.

Had a incident this morning where the following account: VOCAL Fort Lee NJUS send through 4 transactions without me ever doing business with them. kooooooos.png

upup

Executive Member
My daughter had something similar, some Apple deal, R5300. How are you handling your case. Please supply feedback.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
so ... err ... have you reported it to Capitec?

card transactions are usually fairly easy to dispute with your bank as the rules favour the cardholder

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So normal credit card fraud?

Better title would thus be Capitec Credit Card Fraud.

sl0m0_za

Hello

Just a heads-up.

Had a incident this morning where the following account: VOCAL Fort Lee NJUS send through 4 transactions without me ever doing business with them. View attachment 945350
Just had exactly the same happen to me, same ref - only difference is they kept going until my balance was below R160. So I just lost over R1000. Capitec said they cannot recover the money and it will cost me R160 per transaction to reverse as it is international !!!!! Capitec has just lost a customer.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Just had exactly the same happen to me, same ref - only difference is they kept going until my balance was below R160. So I just lost over R1000. Capitec said they cannot recover the money and it will cost me R160 per transaction to reverse as it is international !!!!! Capitec has just lost a customer.
Lol just do a chargeback.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

You must have spoken to 1 incompetent employee, try again.

sl0m0_za

According to Capitec, the transactions are on hold, but they cannot reverse them because it 'might be legitimate".......I told them they had just lost a customer.

diekeyser

Well here is the weird part. i got an invoice from Vocal and then replied to them to say what the hell? 1604572896015.png
to there credit they did reply to say my email is not on there system and they are working with their online payment portal (https://stripe.com) to find out how this happend. Just note that my invoice is for $5 and i had 3 R163 debit's go off. total amount of debit's where 4 with the last one being the $5 one. from Capitec side they were great stoped my card immediately and it is under investigation with them. also have a reference number from them.

Crimson & Blue

Honorary Master

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
The benifit of me always being broke is this never happens with me :thumbsup:

Crimson & Blue

Honorary Master
Well here is the weird part. i got an invoice from Vocal and then replied to them to say what the hell? View attachment 946920
to there credit they did reply to say my email is not on there system and they are working with their online payment portal (https://stripe.com) to find out how this happend. Just note that my invoice is for $5 and i had 3 R163 debit's go off. total amount of debit's where 4 with the last one being the $5 one. from Capitec side they were great stoped my card immediately and it is under investigation with them. also have a reference number from them.
Those small amounts are suspicious... could be test transactions.