Capped accounts on Fibre

Kayoss

Expert Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
1,081
Reaction score
268
Hi,

I'm signing up to fibre and I'd wanted to know if I can use a capped account from a different ISP?

I have two 400gb Vox capped accounts that I got on a promotion from Vox a few years back.. They started off as a 100gb accounts for about R165 a month (if I remember correctly) and have since been upgraded to 400gb a month, plus uncapped after hours, without any extra costs. So I have 5.6Tb of data on the accounts because of them rolling over every month.

So these accounts would be perfect for my uses on fibre as with so much data it would effectively be uncapped but with the added benefit of being unshaped and unthrottled as it is capped data!

If I were to get 100mb fibre from Openserve (via Afrihost) with a 25gb capped account for R747pm, will I be able to sign in with my capped Vox data only accounts and get the full 100mb/s?

I called Vox to ask them and they said no but I'm not too sure the call centre agent quite understood what I was asking!
 
Vox won't let you do that, so rather get your line from another ISP and keep the 400gb accounts. It will work.
 
Vox won't let you do that, so rather get your line from another ISP and keep the 400gb accounts. It will work.

Yes ! There are a lot of competition now and prices are coming down. Plus uncapped is so cheap these days..
 
Vox won't let you do that, so rather get your line from another ISP and keep the 400gb accounts. It will work.

I will be getting the fibre from Openserve through Afrihost not Vox.. It comes with a 25gb Afrihost account. My question is will my Vox accounts work on my Afrihost fibre?
 
I will be getting the fibre from Openserve through Afrihost not Vox.. It comes with a 25gb Afrihost account. My question is will my Vox accounts work on my Afrihost fibre?

Some say it works, others not.

Get someone to test it for you, I would but only have 4Mbs OS fibre.
 
I will be getting the fibre from Openserve through Afrihost not Vox.. It comes with a 25gb Afrihost account. My question is will my Vox accounts work on my Afrihost fibre?
It should, I'm using a vox 400gb promo data account on a Openserve fibre line from ISPAfrika.
 
Last edited:
Guys this works as long as it's a fibre line. I have 2 people both with 100Mbps openserve fibre lines connected to my 1 vox fat pipe account and it works fine. Vox says it won't but it does work. Openserve fibre uses ipc just like adsl and pppoe for authentication so it works.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X