Car insurance

Tally7

Good morning everyone. I would like to know if your is a write off and the insurance company declares it as uneconomical to fix then you decide to fix it yourself, is it possible to cover again the car after it was written off?? I’m stressed as my insurance is writing off my car but I want to fix it and insure it again as it is a new car...

Thank you

Tally7

no airbags were affected. It’s only the side at back got damaged. Bumper, windscreen, tailgate, axel got bent and tail light that need fixing.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Good morning everyone. I would like to know if your is a write off and the insurance company declares it as uneconomical to fix then you decide to fix it yourself, is it possible to cover again the car after it was written off?? I’m stressed as my insurance is writing off my car but I want to fix it and insure it again as it is a new car...

Thank you
A write-off is not automatically a code 3

Discuss buying the vehicle from the insurer as part of the settlement.

They usually are cintracted to a salvage dealer like SMD so your offer will need to be higher between 28% & 34% depending on their contact. Some insurance companies are bound by contact and cannot do this.

You will need to have the vehicle inspected before the same insurer accepts cover again.

With lower value vehicles sometimes small damage can cause a write off

The insurer will not accept cover if there are critical parts damaged which could make the vehicle unsafe.

Please get and work through a broker in future and take "advice" given on forums with a pinch of salt. It's actually illegal to give insurance advice if you not an approved FSP.

Hope you come right.

Tally7

Thank you I stressed myself so much so I think I should let it go... to think of it, I had only 4 days with a vehicle and smashed it on the wall while reversing eish

Lupus

Honorary Master
Thank you I stressed myself so much so I think I should let it go... to think of it, I had only 4 days with a vehicle and smashed it on the wall while reversing eish
Ouch forgot you had a boot? I did that when I got a Cruze first car with a boot in almost ten years :). First 4 days, reversed into a Merc

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
We need details now.

The OP mentions a new car?

How the **** did you reverse fast enough to have the car written off?