CBD regulated under the medicines control act

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Not sure if this is a new thing or not, but I spotted this today - (Gazetted today)

Cannabidiol is now Schedule 4 - except

a. in complementary medicines containing no more than 600 mg cannabidiol per sales pack, providing
a maximum daily dose of 20 mq of cannabidiol, and making a general health enhancement, health
rr- '-`enance or relief of minor symptoms (low -risk) clr' - (SO) or
b. processed products m - -1' `rom cannabis raw plant material intended for ingestion containing 0,0075
percent or less of cannabidiol where only the naturally occurring quantity of cannabinoids found in
the source material F -ontained in the product. (SO)

silentc

so i would guess that means most of the retail products already out there (vapeshops, clicks, etc) will still be allowed on the shelf.

Paul_S

Expert Member
I would love to see inside that head, to see how the thought process works, go back up and read your comment, have a little think about what you just said and then come back to us, or has that government programming got you real good ?
If we legalise every plant then everyone can make or obtain cocaine and heroin too. I don't see that ending well for society as a whole but that's my opinion. Would be interesting if a country experiment with themselves and see what happens.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
If we legalise every plant then everyone can make or obtain cocaine and heroin. I don't see that ending well for society as a whole but that's my opinion. Would be interesting to see a country experiment with themselves and see what happens.
Oh noooooooooooooo not freely available drugs for Everyone which would defund criminal organizations and cut crime , why would we want that ?
But seriously , it would take a fair amount of processing to make a reasonable amount of narcotics the way you suggested.
A better way would be to open all drugs up and treat it like medicine with QC and standards.
A lot of the danger to people is actually all the chemicals the criminals cut the drug with to extend their profits.

noxibox

Honorary Master
If we legalise every plant then everyone can make or obtain cocaine and heroin too.
Yes. What's your point?

I'm betting you have no idea how much coca you have to grow to produce powder cocaine. Or heroin from opium. Never mind explaining why most people would even want the concentrated extracted form.

I don't see that ending well for society as a whole but that's my opinion.
Maybe you've been drinking too much of the kool-aid.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
The worldwide war on drugs has been a complete failure , the only effective part was convincing people of drugs being some evil boogeyman.
CBD is just going to get locked up in more political wrangling and become another casualty.

rambo919

Executive Member
How is any of this surprising? The pharma lobby want control of all drugs, they are no different than the guilds of old, cartel behavioural patterns always surface no matter what you do.

If people could grow and maintain their own medicine then profits would suffer, that's all there is to it. They have a captive global market and they wont be letting it go easily.