cel phone repair

keremsah

Hi,
I break a lcd of android phone,
I spend half of my day going from bellville, parrow to goodwood and town.
Whichever cell phone shop I go, when I ask for price, these guys calling a number and then givign me the price which changes different.

first question if anyone figure out,
who the hell these cell phone shop guys calling for parts?
should I push my chance to find supplier and buy lcd from them later get installed in a cell phone shop?

envo

Expert Member
android is an operating system. maybe if you let us know what the make/model of the phone is, we can help with realistic pricing.

what is most likely happening is they're all phoning the same supplier for replacement parts, and adding their own price/service fee/markup to it. That's why it differs.

Replacing an LCD on a phone like samsung galaxy, it might be worth the price to just pay them for it

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
What cellphone shops are you talking about? If it is a Vodacom handset then the phone should be booked in at either the repair center directly or at a Vodacom Shop who will then send the phone on for you. Once the phone has been inspected a quote will be provided for either approval or rejections by you (a quote fee will be payable even if rejected). The spares quoted on by Vodacom repair centers should all be the same, regardless of which one you use.

keremsah

Ockie, thanks for reply but I assume you didn't read all of the story,
I am observing, all cell phone shops, calls the supplier of one company which supplying lcd to all in cape town.
I am trying to reach that supplier or a cheaper price than retailers.
so vodacom definitely out of question for this repair procedure....

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I am observing, all cell phone shops, calls the supplier of one company which supplying lcd to all in cape town.

I did read you post, but seeing that you were not clear as to what "cellphone shops" you are referring to, I explained how it works in Vodacom Shops and other affiliated shops like Chatz and 4U. There is no phone around looking for repair prices in Vodacom franchises. It has to follow the proper Vodacom repair process, and a consultant in a Vodacom Shop phoning around for spares and prices is definately not part of that.

If you are referring to independent shops then that is fine. Cant speak for their quality controls or procedures.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender

I did read you post, but seeing that you were not clear as to what "cellphone shops" you are referring to, I explained how it works in Vodacom Shops and other affiliated shops like Chatz and 4U. There is no phone around looking for repair prices in Vodacom franchises. It has to follow the proper Vodacom repair process, and a consultant in a Vodacom Shop phoning around for spares and prices is definately not part of that.

If you are referring to independent shops then that is fine. Cant speak for their quality controls or procedures.