Cell C appoints new CEO

Thor

Honorary Master
Go back to the roots, exit the content game and stick to data, great the best data deals possible.

Swa

Honorary Master
Not enthusiastic about this. He's had 5 months already and there hasn't been a change in their data offerings. Cell C needs to get back to affordable data. Start offering 1TB bundles at R1/GB that can drive competition again.

Cius

Executive Member
"“In the past five months, Douglas and his team has led the company to improved financial stability, sound business ethics and good governance, better operational performance and has established a path to sustainability,” said Cell C chair Kuben Pillay "

Not same as this:

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/business-telecoms/314883-emergency-plans-if-cell-c-goes-bust.html
This guy is dirty. I know for a fact that he just fired a team the previous CEO put together on a pretext cause he did not like them in the most dishonest way possible. This guy is about as ethical as Trump. I think more than ever Cell C is going down.

Slamz

This guy is dirty. I know for a fact that he just fired a team the previous CEO put together on a pretext cause he did not like them in the most dishonest way possible. This guy is about as ethical as Trump. I think more than ever Cell C is going down.
care to share those facts with us? :unsure:

Cius

Executive Member
care to share those facts with us? :unsure:
Can't, the court case is ongoing and it might jeopardize the case in some way. Lets just say Cell C is essentially firing entire teams for small mistakes to avoid retrenchment packages, or at least that would be my guess of why they are doing it.

Shadowchaser1

And CellC owes Millions to MTN, which they wrote off. And they appoint a new CEO. WOW!!!

Swa

Honorary Master
It's been going downhill since Lars left. Each new CEO more shady than the previous. Wouldn't surprise me if it's some plan to finally sink it.

And CellC owes Millions to MTN, which they wrote off. And they appoint a new CEO. WOW!!!
They shouldn't appoint one? :unsure:

dunkyd

Expert Member
Can't, the court case is ongoing and it might jeopardize the case in some way. Lets just say Cell C is essentially firing entire teams for small mistakes to avoid retrenchment packages, or at least that would be my guess of why they are doing it.
Hope they fire the people stealing money from me despite me not having a contract with them...