Cell C's plans for 2020

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Cell C's plans for 2020

Cell C has been under significant strain this year, but the company said its turnaround plan is progressing well and it looks forward to the year ahead.

After a difficult year which saw the mobile operator posting a loss and being forced to implement a radical turnaround strategy, Cell C said it is taking steps towards recovery.

op365

Well... If their sales people had a cooking clue what they were selling (asked for a call back and spent 10 minutes to find out cash prices on 2 phones and if another phone was dual Sim - still no answer on that one), and if their Twitter admins responded back with something other than "We will get back to you shortly" (waiting for 3 days now)....then just maybe they have a hope of actually selling and gaining clients. Right now I am reminded of why I left them many years ago...

wernervn

Their support staff deteriorated even worse than their network. I eventually had to use the debit order reversal feature of the FNB app to stop them from taking more money from my account more than a month after my cancellation.

The one department didn't know what the other was doing, and I just got transferred back and forth until I gave up in disgust. They won't see me again anytime soon.

When you hit rock bottom and you start digging you'll eventually reach Telkom level support. Well done Cell C, you did it!

RandomGeek

Expert Member
Cell C's one and only new year resolution - not to become bankrupt in 2020

RandomGeek

Expert Member
Well... If their sales people had a cooking clue what they were selling (asked for a call back and spent 10 minutes to find out cash prices on 2 phones and if another phone was dual Sim - still no answer on that one), and if their Twitter admins responded back with something other than "We will get back to you shortly" (waiting for 3 days now)....then just maybe they have a hope of actually selling and gaining clients. Right now I am reminded of why I left them many years ago...
None of the MNO's sell dual SIM phones via their retail operations (if im mistaken please provide some inputs...am hoping the situation has changed but im not optimistic)

op365

None of the MNO's sell dual SIM phones via their retail operations (if im mistaken please provide some inputs...am hoping the situation has changed but im not optimistic)
Actually the Samsung A50 from Cellc and Telkom are dual sims. Telkom have Huawei and Samsung dual sims. Vodacom not having any and MTN there are a few Huawei but not advertised as such.
I actually wanted to know if Cellc LG stylus was dual sim but no longer considering doing business with them

Swa

Honorary Master
Actually the Samsung A50 from Cellc and Telkom are dual sims. Telkom have Huawei and Samsung dual sims. Vodacom not having any and MTN there are a few Huawei but not advertised as such.
I actually wanted to know if Cellc LG stylus was dual sim but no longer considering doing business with them
It's become a common trend for cheaper networks to have dual sim phones. MTN and Vodacom don't because they'll lose out on the expensive data they're selling while Cell C, Telkom and Rain are scoring from it.

Yskasmetnstoof

A friend did get a Samsung A10 dual sim at MTN outlet I think. I got one at a Virgin outlet - just had to fend off the V staff wanting to activate a sim in the phone without me having an input and had to check the box. It had and Indian charge connection. They changed it and its now working.

RandomGeek

Expert Member
Thanks, good to know it is not impossible to get dual SIM phones from (some) of the big guys and not order from e.g. Takealot