CellC/C-Fiber Sucks!!!

Juggy

Executive Member
The worst ISP I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with and I've been using ISP's since the later 90's in the days of dial-up, even work ed for a few.

Monday the were supposed to cancel my fiber connectivity and put my line back in the pool so Cool Ideas could take it over. Not only has that not happened but they submitted an order for line cancellation with Openserve which would mean I would have to apply for re-connectivity all over again. It's Thursday now and they still haven't got it right. Guys, stay far away from these clowns, they have f'all idea about customer service. If I send a support request they take a week to respond and when they do they ask a question over email then immediately close your request so when you respond your incident doesn't exist anymore. You cannot speak to their accounts department, you need to send an email and wait anywhere from 7 to 14 days for an answer. Pathetic, they have no clue about customer service or about how the ISP environment works. If I never see them again after this experience it will be too soon....

Does anyone have any way of escalating my issue within CellC?

buyeye

Expert Member
The worst ISP I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with and I've been using ISP's since the later 90's in the days of dial-up, even work ed for a few.

Monday the were supposed to cancel my fiber connectivity and put my line back in the pool so Cool Ideas could take it over. Not only has that not happened but they submitted an order for line cancellation with Openserve which would mean I would have to apply for re-connectivity all over again. It's Thursday now and they still haven't got it right. Guys, stay far away from these clowns, they have f'all idea about customer service. If I send a support request they take a week to respond and when they do they ask a question over email then immediately close your request so when you respond your incident doesn't exist anymore. You cannot speak to their accounts department, you need to send an email and wait anywhere from 7 to 14 days for an answer. Pathetic, they have no clue about customer service or about how the ISP environment works. If I never see them again after this experience it will be too soon....

Does anyone have any way of escalating my issue within CellC?
I can't help with your situation but it would help others if you tell us what package were you on ? What issues you had?

Juggy

Executive Member
Sure, Openserve 100/50

For a 2-3 week period I was getting 48/30 speedtests. I have a Ubiquiti setup with their USG Pro, Cloud Key, PoE switches and 3 UAP-AC-LR AP's. I set the system to speedtest every 30 minutes.

Latency goes up between 4 and 8PM to the point where Netflix buffers and sometimes doesn't load. Facebook videos keep buffering no matter when I watch them.

Their support is non-existent to be honest and they don't seem to know what they are doing. When I moved from Afrihost to them 10 or so months ago I stressed that I need the connectivity on the 1st and it needs to be working perfectly as I cannot be without internet. Well, it eventually started working on the 3rd. I then went on holiday over December and when I returned my line was down. Turns out they didn't take it over properly and it was cancelled. Was without connectivity for 12 days. The line had to be re-ordered and a new ONT installed. They even tried to charge me for the full month of Jan, I had to fight to get a discount for the time I was offline. Spent almost R2500 on mobile data in those 10 days as well (I returned from holiday on the 2nd of Jan to find my connectivity was down).

I believe their network is over subscribed, their IPC isn't sufficient and their international bandwidth is either badly throttled or insufficient as well. If I speedtest from CPT it finds a JHB server as the closest which would lead me to believe they have no peering in CPT.

GertStrydom

I wholeheartedly agree.
Their service sucks!
On Friday last week, I started having intermittent connectivity issues. Called them, was told to email them. My reply, how on earth am I supposed to email you if I don't have internet. I was a bit dramatic, I could have used my mobile data to email them but that is not the point. Their call centre staff is beyond useless.
I logged another ticket this morning and am still waiting. So tomorrow I am cancelling my contract.
I have had enough.

Juggy

Executive Member
I wholeheartedly agree.
Their service sucks!
On Friday last week, I started having intermittent connectivity issues. Called them, was told to email them. My reply, how on earth am I supposed to email you if I don't have internet. I was a bit dramatic, I could have used my mobile data to email them but that is not the point. Their call centre staff is beyond useless.
I logged another ticket this morning and am still waiting. So tomorrow I am cancelling my contract.
I have had enough.
Just be very careful when you move elsewhere. Chances are they will cancel your fiber line completely and you'll have to apply for another leaving you offline for 2 weeks+