Cheapest contract for P20 Pro?

FlashSA

Executive Member
Has anyone seen any better contract deal for a P20 Pro than Telkom's Freeme 1GB @ R569pm?

My dad is craving one and tasked me with finding the cheapest one on contract.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Well, buy on credit card, pay off a bit more every month (or a lump sum when you have it) and don't get it on contract. That's the cheapest iPhone I found so I assume it'll work for the P20 pro as well.

FlashSA

Executive Member
How much can your dad afford?
He can buy one cash, affordability not the issue. Just want to get the cheapest deal / price.

He currently has an Axxess sim in his second slot for data so that R100pm odd can go towards a freeme 2gb + P20 Pro which will be about R600pm. So take his current spend on data off the freeme and you get R500pm x 24 = R12k over the life of the contract which is about what cash prices are currently for a P20 Pro...

Anyone know a cheaper deal than that?

Sumen

Expert Member
He can buy one cash, affordability not the issue. Just want to get the cheapest deal / price.

He currently has an Axxess sim in his second slot for data so that R100pm odd can go towards a freeme 2gb + P20 Pro which will be about R600pm. So take his current spend on data off the freeme and you get R500pm x 24 = R12k over the life of the contract which is about what cash prices are currently for a P20 Pro...
Cash price for P20 Pro is around R15000 , so contract will work out cheaper

RedViking

Nord of the South

Anyone know a cheaper deal than that?
I also think the local phones will only be single sim.

I'm not a fan of contracts though and extra data is expensive if your bundle runs out.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Dual sim non negotiable. Telkom definitely have dual sim P20 Pro's
Duel sims are more. Can probably get for R13K now or wait for a deal or price come down a bit. If dual sim the Telkom deal doesn't look too bad on paper.

FlashSA

Executive Member
So effectively R469pm for the phone?

That's R11 256 instead of R15k

Contract does work out cheaper.
Yip. I ran all the numbers and made sure that contract was the better deal as opposed to cash upfront.

My general analysis is that contract is better for flagships, cash upfront for midrangers...

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Yip. I ran all the numbers and made sure that contract was the better deal as opposed to cash upfront.

My general analysis is that contract is better for flagships, cash upfront for midrangers...
Definitely - mid-range priced phone that performs like a FS for cash even better.