cheese on a pizza

upup

Executive Member
Was at Pannaroti today and realize they is very little cheese on their pizza. I remember years ago when you pull a pizza apart it was cheese everywhere, wonder which franchise still have decent cheese on top.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Was at Pannaroti today and realize they is very little cheese on their pizza. I remember years ago when you pull a pizza apart it was cheese everywhere, wonder which franchise still have decent cheese on top.
They are probably using a dryer (low moisture) cheaper cheese these days

S.Claus

Expert Member
What did you do with the three toppings (garlic, chilli and mozzarella cheese) that they give you ?

B-1

Expert Member
Most places added an extra cheese item to the menu. So if you want it with a decent amount if cheese you have to pay for it.

3WA

Honorary Master
Got a place near me that still adds a decent amount of cheese. Donatello's wood-fire pizza. Pizza is quite cheap, too. The dough and sauce are nothing to write home about, but they’re good enough.

acidrain

Executive Member
Let's be honest, real mozzarella is something none of these places will ever use so I actually prefer less of that tasteless rubber they do use.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Money grab. Rather buy pizza from the supermarket and add your own cheese. I always chuckle at the Roman's pizza box that says on it 'kaas is baas (cheese is boss)", yeah, I agree just a pity you put so little of it on.

now05ster

Expert Member
Money grab. Rather buy pizza from the supermarket and add your own cheese. I always chuckle at the Roman's pizza box that says on it 'kaas is baas (cheese is boss)", yeah, I agree just a pity you put so little of it on.

+ 1. If it's not a sudden craving and you have the ability to go to the shop then that's the way to go. Buy the pizza base and other ingredients to add on while you are there. Man, im on leave this week and craving this now.

If you want to go all out then making your own pizza dough is doable too.

I suppose the focus is on takeaway pizzas, and I agree with the OP: go crazy with the cheese or don't make pizza. That is the deciding factor as to whether or not I go back to that place. Were not experiencing a cheese shortage in this country.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
yeah most of these places added cheese 1st and then the toppings

but panarotis does give very little cheese

there are few local pizza joints that load cheese and filling. The one place charges like R150 for a large

feeds a family of 4

SAguy

Executive Member
Ashley's in Goodwood is one of the places that loads their pizzas. I can easily finish a whole debonairs "pizza"... but after half on Ashley's pizza I'm ready to start tapping out.