China floods

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Video shared on social media shows evening commuters just managing to keep their heads above water. Water is seen rushing onto platforms.
More than 500 people were eventually rescued from the tunnels in Henan province, officials said.

Days of rain have caused widespread damage and led to 200,000 evacuations.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
So, that sets in at 4-6 hours after death. That person died, rigor mortis set in "freezing" the arms in that position, and someone moved the body to that spot on the road?

That's a lot of assumptions.

It looks like a mannequin.
They drowned and the water receded? How does the "mannequin" stand with those bent legs?
From the wiki link I posted earlier:
Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 11.56.50.png

MightyQuin

Not amused...
If this flooding fuks up my AOC manufacturing order AGAIN, I am going to throw a hissy fit.

Just sayin'....

MirageF1

Executive Member
The videos of people trapped in subway tubes flooded to neck high, doors stuck shut, no way out... must be one of the most frightening situations to find yourself in.
Absolute terror and helplessness don't even begin to describe what that must be like, especially if you suffer from extreme claustrophobia as I do.

As one woman said, her greatest fear was lack of oxygen as the water rose to nearly head high and kept on seeping in through the doors....

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Mannequin, if not why are the arms so stiff
Thought so too initially but then I stumbled onto far worse videos and didn't even think about it again. The worst is the woman busy drowning and people trying to reach her.