CISP slow/no response on tickets

K-VI

Short history:
Moved properties at the beginning of July 2020. Fibre was already there and active till end of July. Cancelled my previous account to open up a new on at the new place as CI advised me to do so.

Towards the end of the month, done a new application to try ensure no down time. They advised they had to open a Vumatel ticket to have the line released I believe. Midnight on 31/07/2020, line was released. I send an update on the support ticket that morning (Saturday), another one on Sunday and one on Monday. No response. I then send another one today (04/08/2020) and then call them when they open. They then advise that they will email me.

What I don't understand and what I now requested in the ticket is the reason for the Vumatel ticket. On the modem when connecting, it tells me that there is no service active so no one should be locking the line. It should just be an activation. I don't even need a modem or anything.

#COOL-20200626-461474 is the ticket. I created another one to try get that ticket feedback.

Been with CISP for over 2 years with no issues but now seem to be struggling to get feedback. Seems like their ticketing system needs to be redone or have more people working on it as their reviews on google also seems to be hit but their bad response rate.

Hope to get this resolved soon or my patience will run out and will go with another ISP.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi, I am busy with this for you, apologies for the delays.

Ironically continuous requests for updates to your ticket keeps putting your ticket to the back of the queue.

K-VI

Really need to fix that and add an option to allow to escalate. Reaching the end of my patience and I am not the only one who is having issues with response rate.

Maybe even run a algorithm and response to the angry customers first? Something needs to change asap.

midasza

Hi, I am busy with this for you, apologies for the delays.

Ironically continuous requests for updates to your ticket keeps putting your ticket to the back of the queue.

If you would like to know that's the first thing you should fix. Requests for feedback should never alter where in the queue a support ticket resides, ever. Tickets should be handled in the order they are LOGGED, not in the order they are updated. Are you genuinely telling us - the ticket slowly moves to the top of the queue, harry, agent, is about to open the ticket as it gets to position 1, when suddenly poof, its gone back in position 237 because "Kevin" emails "Hi, its been 2 days, starting to freak out a bit, can I get an update please?". Does calling in and asking have the same effect? Are you punishing people for justifiably wanting to know whats happening on their calls?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
If you would like to know that's the first thing you should fix. Requests for feedback should never alter where in the queue a support ticket resides, ever. Tickets should be handled in the order they are LOGGED, not in the order they are updated. Are you genuinely telling us - the ticket slowly moves to the top of the queue, harry, agent, is about to open the ticket as it gets to position 1, when suddenly poof, its gone back in position 237 because "Kevin" emails "Hi, its been 2 days, starting to freak out a bit, can I get an update please?". Does calling in and asking have the same effect? Are you punishing people for justifiably wanting to know whats happening on their calls?
So it's not as simple as that but this can happen effectively our maximum time to reply target is 24hrs, this means a ticket should be allocated to an agent within 24hrs max which then takes it out the main ticket queue.

If there is a sudden rise in tickets down to an outage there is a chance this can happen, in a lot of these cases customers are requesting updates on the hour or every few hrs per day.

It's simply the way most ticket systems are designed unfortunately, we don't "punish" customers for anything.

If you call in and quote the ticket it will get escalated for response, but then if you mail in right after that it will fall back again before an agent can even pick it up.

midasza

So it's not as simple as that but this can happen effectively our maximum time to reply target is 24hrs, this means a ticket should be allocated to an agent within 24hrs max which then takes it out the main ticket queue.

If there is a sudden rise in tickets down to an outage there is a chance this can happen, in a lot of these cases customers are requesting updates on the hour or every few hrs per day.

It's simply the way most ticket systems are designed unfortunately, we don't "punish" customers for anything.

If you call in and quote the ticket it will get escalated for response, but then if you mail in right after that it will fall back again before an agent can even pick it up.

2 things.

1. That's non-sensical, calls should be processed as logged not as updated. I have worked on everything from spiceworks to remedy to OTRS and not a single one I have setup have we ever sorted the list as per last updated.

2. Sounds like you need more agents - otherwise this becomes a self-fulfilling cycle of doom. Agents don't pick up on call, user gets frustrated, user asks for updates, call doesn't get picked up, user gets more frustrated, user emails for update. I see this as a non-sustainable model and is probably where all the complains regarding slow response time to the help desk originate

On the business side, having someone yak at an agent on the phone as the prefered method of escalation doesn't seem to make business sense as it actively costs you incoming VOIP circuits plus just time as the client goes hi, how are you, they are almost certain going to want stuff explained to them, they might even complain when u tell them its with the fiber provider and it will take 2/3 days etc. It should be much easier to deal with an email where at least most of the time the agents can use a form letter, where its Dear Client call is with fiber blah blah blah or Hi, this has been escalated to an network engineer, he/she/they will contact you in the next 24 hours to resolve. Remember I don't think anyone expects stuff to be resolved instantly, but we do object to two days zero feedback, then to be told and if you email for feedback, back of the queue boy.

phuma

Yep, if your ticketing system works like this it is really silly - asking for an update getting your ticket moved to the back of the queue? Hayibo.

K-VI

So, this is the last update I got.

Good day,

I trust you are well.
I have followed up with Vumatel for you.
The Vumatel infrastructure seems to be at capacity.
I have requested further feedback in order to advise you accordingly.

Regards,

That makes no sense as I had fibre at my current location (previous owner) and he cancelled that so I can take it over with my ISP. CPE device installed, modem plugged in and everything. What is worse is that if I connect to Vumatel, it says no active connections and asks me to choose an ISP.

When I signed up 2 years ago, activation was a click on the ISP side. Has this changed? @PBCool . Clarity is the biggest issue and getting feedback within 24 hours has now lost me a week. I have been down for a week and no sign of ever getting this sorted out. It cannot take a week just to sort out activation.

I rather pay R1000 for activation and be online then deal with this process.

K-VI

Oh wait, I can't change ISP since Vumatel says it is already locked with another ISP. Process did change then. Used to be so simple...

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Oh wait, I can't change ISP since Vumatel says it is already locked with another ISP. Process did change then. Used to be so simple...
Yeah unfortunately new process and portal with Vumatel, is a nightmare for all parties involved. Will see what I can escalate via my channels.

K-VI

Yeah unfortunately new process and portal with Vumatel, is a nightmare for all parties involved. Will see what I can escalate via my channels.

Thank you. Hope to get this resolved soon

K-VI

13 days into this process with no positive movement. All I know is Vumatel is taking long to give feedback. They initially logged it for a new line installation even though I mentioned it is a migration. I have requested the Vumatel ticket number so that I can call them directly to find out why it is taking so long.

K-VI

So got an update and seems Vumatel is making excuses for their delays. They claiming infrastructure in the area needs upgrading for my connection but I had internet here last month. Vumatel seems to be making excuses and claiming maximum capacity. Maybe they gave the connection to somebody else. Will have to wait it out and see.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So got an update and seems Vumatel is making excuses for their delays. They claiming infrastructure in the area needs upgrading for my connection but I had internet here last month. Vumatel seems to be making excuses and claiming maximum capacity. Maybe they gave the connection to somebody else. Will have to wait it out and see.
From what I can tell they are replacing all their 24 port switches with 48 port variants, I would imagine as far as a hardware refresh and for less of a power demand at the POPs, I dont think it's a lack of ports. So I am getting clarity on this.

K-VI

From what I can tell they are replacing all their 24 port switches with 48 port variants, I would imagine as far as a hardware refresh and for less of a power demand at the POPs, I dont think it's a lack of ports. So I am getting clarity on this.
Thank you. If it is a speed issue, I don't mind going with any speed right now just to get up and running.

If they have ports available, they should just connect it for now and they can replace the ports at another time or later. As long as I get up and running.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thank you. If it is a speed issue, I don't mind going with any speed right now just to get up and running.

If they have ports available, they should just connect it for now and they can replace the ports at another time or later. As long as I get up and running.
From what I can see vs what we are told is it's a cleanup process as well, so they don't want to connect "new customers" to the old stack just to move them again. But either way they need to make a plan.

K-VI

Still struggling with feedback. Can you arrange the vumatel ticket number so I can follow up directly?

zamrg

I sent a ticket on Thu, 13 Aug, 15:27 (5 days ago) - COOL-20200813-491804 , and am still waiting for feedback.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Still struggling with feedback. Can you arrange the vumatel ticket number so I can follow up directly?
So I have escalated as much as possible as this point, apparently the upgrade was delayed due to Covid infections etc. Long story I am trying to get this done today.