Connect to second ISP???

donnybrasco

Hi guys,

I have an account with SAOL and just hooked up with Afrihost. Now the thing is I'm trying to connect to my afrihost account having created a new connection, but failing. I don't know if the modem I got from Afrihost caters for this or something but can anyone help me with how to get seup with another ADSL account, as all afrihost give you is a username and password. I am not sharp with this PC stuff so if you could please clear it out for me like where to start and what to do?Pliz pliz

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
1) Open your browser and type the address 10.0.0.2 (if that doesn't work type 192.168.1.254).
2) A login window should appear ... enter admin for the username and admin for the password (if these don't work consult your router manual).
3) Find the place in the router where you enter your PPPoE settings (the username and password that Afrihost gave you).
4) Enter those details into those two fields... that is your ADSL logon details.
5) When you have entered them correctly... press the save button at the bottom and then save with current details.
6) Then find the section in the router which allows you to reboot the router and do that.

Then you should be set.

davemc

Executive Member
So, you want to use 2 internet connections at the same time.

Now, if you think about it a bit, what are you expecting to happen when you get it going? Are you expecting windows to now use both connections at the same time?

This is not how things work.
But, what you can do has been documented to death and back again in a thread that has a lot to do with a little program called routesentry.
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...nnections-on-1-pc-1-line-1-modem-(local-intnl)

Routesentry is an application that uses one connection for south african based internet resources, and the other connection for international based resources.
But, it covers the details regarding getting 2 connections to connect at the same time on the same PC quite well.

Have fun.

EDIT: Nevermind - Do what the poster above said, I need MOAR COFFEE!!

donnybrasco

The thing I have two PC's which you can say I use at the same time. Just wanted to use the different connection on both but with one modem

rurapente

Expert Member
you can, plug modem's ethernet port into a hub, or whatever interconnects your machines (NOT the modem port of your hub/switch/access-point , the normal Ethernet port)

If its an all-in-one job, check if it can operate in Bridged mode, and turn off any dialer settings on the device itself.

Make sure the modem is in Bridge/pppoe mode.

Simply tell each computer to dial the different account using pppoe ( i think windows calls it broadband connection)

Remember combined speed will not go over your telkom line speed.